Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Windy Mills of Ocotillo

As much as I don't like them in my backyard the construction is interesting and fast.

They started in June, Lookie how many.

They graded out 50 foot paths to get the cranes to and fro.

Here's a base of one of them

Here's a shot of the blade assembly, one blade fits on a rail flat car, two of the blade assembly structure fits on a rail flat car.

How big is the turbine? Lookie at this shot, they are big.

97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Nice pictures. Thats one way to ruin a beautiful desert view. Good bye public lands.

Comment

They are impressive. I wonder how much scrap aluminum and copper are in those? Just sayin'...
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
        They are impressive. I wonder how much scrap aluminum and copper are in those? Just sayin'...
        HA! Might even be able to share a cell with the copper stealing meth heads. I hear there are some vacancies.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Stealing is beneath me. If I wanted to rip off the taxpayers and get away with criminal activity, I would be a politician, or a cop.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

We were wheeln out S 2 area. Are these.....those? close to S 2 and I 8?
            BobO
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
              We were wheeln out S 2 area. Are these.....those? close to S 2 and I 8?
              BobO
              Yes they are. There are signs posted to stay 200ft away from the mills and 400ft away from the cranes. Area is not closed.
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Those areas will be closed... Too much Oil in that high voltage t-former and the fins are so soft... So who ownes these monsters? when did this land become private?
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  Those areas will be closed... Too much Oil in that high voltage t-former and the fins are so soft... So who ownes these monsters? when did this land become private?
                  http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcen...ress_wind.html

June this year work started.
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

wow, so public land. private enterprise. ok, I guess I should have saw that coming with Toyota's pulling space shuttles and all... We should all be proud about our tax dollars being so hard at work these days!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yup even California caves in.
                      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                      WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        I guess I should have saw that coming with Toyota's pulling space shuttles and all...
                        I read somewhere that Toyota tested their trucks to pull quite a bit more than the shuttle weight easily. In light of that, I think any of our short wheel base wranglers that are geared low could have done the job Sad though, that such an American icon as the space shuttle gets towed by an imported truck. So many levels of LAME right there. Oh well though. At least I know a toyota can tow my CJ now ;-) haha!

Britain, every time I drive across country (at least once a year, in the TJ) I pass through Palm Springs, and all the huge wind mills they have there. I'm strangely attracted to them, I try to plan my trips so that I drive through that area during either sunset or sunrise, it's beautiful! But for some reason, I've never stopped to take any photos! Maybe for my trip this Christmas I'll stop and snap a photo
                        Last edited by daniel_buck; 12-20-12, 11:05 PM.
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                        X