Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1St Snow on 2n10

I heard it snowed in Big Bear so I went to check it out. 2n10 is still open so I went to Bluff Lake and then hiked to the Champion Lodgepole pine tree - this made a nice show hike. Then it was a nice drive across the top of the mountain.

Bluff lake

Old cabin dating back to the days when this was a resort lake.

Hiking trail to the Lodgepole Pine

They have been shoring up the old cabin

There was about 4+ inches of snow at 8000ft.

Cool post and pictures. Looks like a fun time.
    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow that is pretty! Snow is something I've never really wheeled much in, I'd like to give it a try this year!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Beautiful country. It's something else when the pines get frosted like in those last few photos.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Great pictures Mike. I can't wait for the first snow run.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            I can't wait for the first snow run.
            They have snow on golf courses?

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
              They have snow on golf courses?

Yes but my balls get really hard when their cold.
              Check out .

Comment

Damn I need to get up there. That is one part of SBNF I have hardly seen. Thanks for the pics Mike.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

It was a perfect day up there - nice to live close. I'm hoping to do a lot of snow this year, I'll be putting the MTR's on soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Yes but my balls get really hard when their cold.
                    I hope that your balls are orange.

Great post and pics Mike! Seriously jealous!
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Jackie and I were up on 2N10 on Sunday (11/11/12). It was awesome up there! Great pictures! We are in the market for a good camera (not a GREAT camera). Somewhere in the $500.00 range. Any suggestions?
                      Dino Darling - KX6D

562-665-6286 (Text is BEST!)
                      2005 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by KX6D View Post
                        Jackie and I were up on 2N10 on Sunday (11/11/12). It was awesome up there! Great pictures! We are in the market for a good camera (not a GREAT camera). Somewhere in the $500.00 range. Any suggestions?
                        Funny you should ask. Since this is in the photography section......the camera I've recently bought is the Fuji HS25EXR. It's a point and shoot with a lens simular to a SLR, with the zoom done by manually turning the lense. It has a great wide angle to 30x zoom.

I've been VERY happy with the picture quality as well as the cameras technical abilities, such as: proper light metering - in lighting conditions from very bright light to cloudy to indoor lighting - it gives a good exposure in a wide range of lighting conditions. The pictures shown are straight from the camera w/o any photo program modifications. The camers is VERY easy to use.... Note: Photobucket cuts the photo quality a little from the originals and is reflected in the photo's above.

I'm very happy with all of the cameras features - start up time, menu choices and selections and so on. I'm pretty particular about cameras and this is my best camera to date.

Another plus for the Fuji is the cost - Costco and Best Buy sells them for around $300. Fuji makes 2 versions of this camera - the HS25EXR and the HS30EXR - the difference is the battery choice - the HS25 uses 4 AA batterys and the HS30 comes with a LitIon battery & charger. I like the AA's. For me it's easier to carry battery's in the car than to remember to keep the battery charged. Plus extra battery's are very expensive.

I took 287 pictures on this outing with the low battery warning light on. The arverage # of shots is well above 600 or 800 per set of AA's.
                        Last edited by mkjeepers; 11-14-12, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                          the Fuji HS25EXR. It's a point and shoot with a lens similar to a SLR, with the focus done by manually turning the lens.
                          Focus or zoom by turning the lens?

Great pictures btw
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                            Focus or zoom by turning the lens?

Great pictures btw
                            I cought that and changed to ZOOM. It's and auto focus camera, but I think it has a manuel focus option.

Comment

Originally posted by KX6D View Post
                              We are in the market for a good camera (not a GREAT camera). Somewhere in the $500.00 range. Any suggestions?
                              Buy used.

www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/88210

Comment

Working...
                              X