Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac + Wi-Fi Remote Combo Kit

After waiting a few months for its release it's finally here. The GoPro Wi-Fi Remote

Included in the kit is:
    Wi-Fi BacPac
    Wi-Fi Remote
    USB charging cable for both
    1 deep water tight back door
    1 deep skeleton back door
    Velcro wristband for remote
    1 Thumb Knob with Nut and Bolt with extension
    Instruction book

In order for the camera to work you must download the new software called CineForm Studio from the GoPro web site. This is a basic editing tool that also is used for updating firmware to the devices. Your camera, BacPac, and remote must be upgraded through this software before use. There are easy to follow instruction on GoPro’s site and video tutorials on YouTube and Vimeo. The devices can be a little temperamental and you may need to reset each one a few times to get it to work. I only had issues with the remote firmware but it was resolved fairly quickly.

Once everything is updated your good to go.

I finally used it for the first time this weekend and I am very pleased with this thing. The ability to have the camera outside the vehicle and still control it is great. The remote fits perfectly on my roll bar using the Velcro strap.

The display on the remote is the same display as on the Hero2 which allows for quick and easy access to change modes, start and stop video, or take pictures. You can also turn off the camera via the remote to save the battery however the Wi-Fi BacPac does on. The battery on the BacPac did last the entire day. The manual states that you can control up to 50 cameras at once from up to 600ft away. I have a Hero HD and a Hero 2 and the next thing it to get them both paired to the remote.

One additional item I’m waiting on that is due out in late August is the GoPro app. This app will allow you to operate the camera and will also have a live video feed and playback abilities. It's my understanding that the app will NOT work with the original Hero HD and you must have a Hero 2.

Conclusion: Great addition to the GoPro accessories and a big:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
    Check out .

WOW!! Awesome. How do you have the camera attached to the jeep (which mount) and where did you attach it? Mat and I both have cameras, on one of these next runs it'd be sweet to have a multiple angle video! I don't have the remote but do have the screen attachment.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I currently have about 5 mounting spots on the Jeep with multiple mounting accessories. This just makes things much easier to get the good shots.
      Check out .

Comment

Update.

The app has been released for the iPhone.
        http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gopro...561350520?mt=8
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          Update.

The app has been released for the iPhone.
          http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gopro...561350520?mt=8
          Yup. Their site was down most of yesterday because of the traffic. Android says "coming soon". In other news: I have a coworker whose last day was today who is going to work for GoPro on their apps. I might be ordering my Wifi BacPac(s) soon.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I'm sure they will need the help. This is a big deal that I think will be very popular. I'm hoping to play with it this weekend. It's time for a time-lapse.
            Check out .

Comment

Working...
            X