Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image hosting site?

I am looking for an easy to use site where I can host some pics to then share on various forums, nothing too involved, and not a whole lot of pictures.

What do you guys recommend and why?
    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
    I am looking for an easy to use site where I can host some pics to then share on various forums, nothing too involved, and not a whole lot of pictures.

What do you guys recommend and why?
    What?

Dropbox

Why?
    • If you click that link and sign up I get more free space!
    • Apps for phones (iOS and Android... probably even BB/WinMo)
    • It can automatically upload photos taken w/ my phone and:
      • I can get links to share them publicly
      • They sync to all of my computers running Dropbox
    • Dropbox is actually cross platform (it works in win/mac/linux... linux support is key for me!)
    • Their interface works nicely, apps are great, syncing is great

I still use photobucket for some things, but I'll likely change that at some point in the future for a Dropbox only solution.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I use Photobucket.

Very easy to use.
      Phone app for easy upload.
      One click link copy to post on forums.

Works great for my purposes.
      Check out .

Comment

I've been using Photobucket for years. I had to upgrade to the paid version ($20 or so per year) because I have so many pix on file. It is a little slow but works every time.

Comment

www.fotki.com is a good one. It is free, allows hotlinking and doesn't degrade the photos.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
            www.fotki.com is a good one. It is free, allows hotlinking and doesn't degrade the photos.
            Have used it for years, seems to be slow and not working lately. The one thing I like about photobucket is that it gives you all the hotlinks right then and there

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll check those out. I forgot to mention that smartphone apps are not important to me since I don't own one. However, I'd like to have the possibility to make some albums private to only share with certain people and other albums open for forums hotlinking. Uploading videos would be cool too but I guess I could do that with youtube, right? Sorry for the total noob questions.
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                Thanks guys, I'll check those out. I forgot to mention that smartphone apps are not important to me since I don't own one. However, I'd like to have the possibility to make some albums private to only share with certain people and other albums open for forums hotlinking. Uploading videos would be cool too but I guess I could do that with youtube, right? Sorry for the total noob questions.
                Photobucket has those capabilities.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  Photobucket has those capabilities.
                  Albeit awfully implemented... one of the reasons I've never liked Photobucket. As a software engineer, it seems very cobbled together.

It does work though, and that counts for a lot!
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                    Albeit awfully implemented... one of the reasons I've never liked Photobucket. As a software engineer, it seems very cobbled together.

It does work though, and that counts for a lot!

A ha, that his how he fixes all the broken links…

Photobucket or imageshack have worked for me for years. If any of those are too involved, then you are too old for the internet…

Enjoy,

Danny
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

i would recommend deffe.com i made my beast looks better love the way it works

Comment

I use my own domain and my own purchased hosting space (dreamhost.com), I can do whatever I want that way, and no limitations on space or bandwidth.

So that I can do things like this www.dnsfail.com Nothing special at all, just images on a blank page. But it's easy to pass around
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

smugmug.com

Comment

Working...
                          X