Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera

Lost my camera last weekend. Had a Kodak V550, that worked great for me. What camera would you guys recommend that is comparable to the V550?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Hey Curtis,

Are you looking for another point and shoot or are you looking to go a different route. I've found it is like a Jeep thing........How much do you want to spend?

Comment

Hah! Yes, it's quite like a jeep once you get into it to much. :-D

For point and shoots, I had a little Fuji finepix f31 that I liked using, and I still use it if I need some quick video now and then. If the newer models are as good as that one was for it's time, those are probably a good bet. And I know folks who have decently priced Canon ELF point and shoots that work pretty good for point and shoot stuff.

What was it specifically about the Kodak that you liked most? If you can narrow it as much as possible, that might help you get another replacement camera that doesn't take much adjustment to get used to. I know folks get used to cameras and things, all the features in the world don't matter if you aren't used to the camera and can't figure out how to use it!
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I just want a point & shoot for jeep runs. I went through the camera thing along time ago.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Just go to Costco and make your decision there. I would guess that all of the modern cameras are pretty good and just vary in features, such as view screen size, HD for movies, mega pixels of image, dust/water-resistence, memory card, etc. The features will determine the price.
          Rich

Comment

Boy have the prices of cameras changed. Bought twice the old camera for 1/3 the price. Thank you Steve Jobs for the I phone.:thumbs_up

Comment

Working...
            X