Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJR Photogs Willing To Do A Wedding??

I'm not sure if I can even afford anyone on here but in our search to find a wedding photographer I figured I'd ask. I know there are a lot of folks on here that take some amazing photos.... Any one willing to do some beach side (probably OC) engagement photos as well as a trip to Sedona over Labor Day for the wedding?

I'm sure it's a long shot but it never hurts to ask. I'd say 90% of what I've learned has been by asking what most would deem a 'stupid question'.
    USMC F&AM

Hey Chris,

I might be able to help you out. You can see some of my wedding photography at: www.bierleinphotography.com

Check it out and see if my style fits what you are looking for, if it does then we can work out the details.

Hope to see you out on the trails one of these days!

Jonah

Comment

Thank you sir! I'm pretty sure the misses will like the style on your site, but just to make 100% sure (you know brides) I passed your site along to her. I'm sure she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

I agree that you will like Jonah's work. I haven't seen any of his wedding stuff, but weddings give me the willies... Shhhh. They're contagious. Good luck. Hope to be at the beach part at least.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sounds good, keeping the bride-to-be happy is the key. Talk to you soon.

Comment

I'll keep everyone posted. We do plan to do a bit of a "Celebration Weekend" in Ca. Probably a trip to Big Bear and Temecula this spring. Jonah, I will let you know when she gets back to me.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
              I'm not sure if I can even afford anyone on here but in our search to find a wedding photographer I figured I'd ask. I know there are a lot of folks on here that take some amazing photos.... Any one willing to do some beach side (probably OC) engagement photos as well as a trip to Sedona over Labor Day for the wedding?
              Congratulations! When's the wedding? (I'm not a photographer! but was recently married so I know how exciting and __ (enter emotion here) it is for you!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Haha thanks Sarah! We are planning on Labor Day weekend in Sedona, with the quote we just got from our favorite place up there it looks like we'll opt instead just to Jeep chairs, tents, and Pastor in to a nice Red Rock area and tell everyone to tent camp It's crazy how expensive this stuff is! Arg.

Jonah, it looks like the misses has decided to wait on a photographer due to how much the venue we really like is going to cost. I will keep you posted when I know more. She did ask if you had any other photos online from weddings that we could see?
                Last edited by TipsE-Z; 12-08-11, 09:45 AM.
                USMC F&AM

Comment

If Jonah needs a second shooter for the OC part of the wedding I may be interested in participating depending on time and dates.
                  This is for the OC end only. I cant make the Sedona leg of the wedding; sorry.
                  You can see some of my stuff at www.primaging.com
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sounds good guys, and thank you. Right now we are working to trim our fairly small guest list (40) down to 30 or 20 folks just so that we can even afford a photographer... Who would have thunk it'd be so expensive. I keep seeing the cost of this 4 hour event and just day dream of what the Jeep would be capable of with the same budget But you only get married once then you're done, we all know a Jeep is never 'done'.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

if I had to shoot weddings, I'd charge alot too! i've shot two weddings for friends, and I'll never do it again. lol
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

One of my old dive team members from the Navy got married on the cheap (military doesn't pay well). We bought those throw away cameras and gave one to everyone that came and asked them to take pics all through the wedding. We got a lot of crap shots but still got some pretty cool pics for thier album. And it was fun getting everyone involved. It's a option...
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I PM'd you.

Comment

Thanks Jonah, I got it. I will keep you posted. Kurt, I suggested that actually, I've been to weddings that have done that and I really liked the idea. HOWEVER... Even with us only having beer and wine at ours the misses is still concerned about the quality of photos we would get. She has some crazy idea that a videographer, photographer, and engagement photos should only be like $400.
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                              Haha thanks Sarah! We are planning on Labor Day weekend in Sedona, with the quote we just got from our favorite place up there it looks like we'll opt instead just to Jeep chairs, tents, and Pastor in to a nice Red Rock area and tell everyone to tent camp It's crazy how expensive this stuff is! Arg.
                              That sounds amazing! You're right - you only do it once, make it memorable I can give you/her some tips on DIY invitations, programs and thank you notes if you want to save some dough on printed stuffs (and are a little crafty). You can do all kinds of fun stuff like use old spaghetti mason jars for centerpieces filled with flowers.

My advice: Don't skimp on your photographer - that will be the only way to relive your day!
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X