Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Regional Park

I went out today to play with the new camera and toys. I'm gradually learning some new things about my camera. I set up a couple "user" picture style settings and wanted to try them. This really made me feel like I was setting up the shot more than just taking a picture. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Mitch

Monochrome setting with "sepia", and then a Monochrome setting with a blue filter.

Then some with a "user" set up for enhanced color. All shot in manual with my big Sigma 70-200 lens at f2.8

Standard 18-55 lens with bumped color

Nice captures
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

Nice shoots Mitch. I really like the first two.
      Check out .

Comment

Very nice!!
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Mitch,
          I missed a bunch of your posts. Looking good my man. Gettin the hang the camera real nice. I'm with Chuck; the first two in this series are nice.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thank you guys! Having fun with it.

Comment

If you want some suggestions, I would suggest looking out for your horizon level, quite a few of these photos are tilted a bit to the left or the right.

It's sometimes hard when you are on a hill to make the photo look like it's actually on a hill and not just the camera being tilted left or right, but flat ground is usually pretty easy. You just have to remember to look for the horizon, hah
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Daniel,

I need to look at the "bubble" on my tri pod when I use it. Thanks

Comment

or you can use trees, telephone poles and other objects perpendicular to the ground for level reference while looking through the viewfinder.
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Mitch- the white duck is gorgeous with the grass sticking out of the water. I love that picture. Close 2nd is the one after that with his vibrant colors...super pretty!
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

Is this a Sony Nex series camera?
                      2000 XJ, 108k miles
                      33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

Canon T2i

Comment

Working...
                        X