Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires on the jeep!

New shoes on the jeep!! Gotta get them balanced, and gotta get my speedometer recalibrated somehow, at 60mph my GPS tells me I'm doing 70

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

You can tell a lot about a person by his shoes... Where he's been, where he's goin...
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

hopefully these shoes can take abuse, I'm a little concerned about the sidewall strength, how much abuse they will take. But I'm willing to give them a try for the cheap price! (and still made in America too, I believe?)
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Those look like what's on the great '88. Mitch or Roger might be able to tell you.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

the way I see it, if I'm unlucky I'll slash a tire and have to use the spare to get home. If I'm REALLY unlucky, I'll slash two tires and be fu*ked. haha! Lets hope I'm better than unlucky

Comment

Daniel,
            The tires look great. Go to this site and see what speedometer gear you need. It's a quick and easy swap. 4 Wheel parts usually stocks the gears. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-sp...ears/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              Daniel,
              The tires look great. Go to this site and see what speedometer gear you need. It's a quick and easy swap. 4 Wheel parts usually stocks the gears. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-sp...ears/index.htm
              Not so easy on a Rubicon, it has no speedo gear, but has a tone wheel instead. Look for a converter box from Dakota do a search on that it's the most affordable way for a Rubicon to get the speedo dialed

Comment

so, those gears aren't what I need? I mean, I don't need anything soon, when I'm in town it's rare that i hit freeway speeds, but I'd eventually like to get the speedometer closer to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                  so, those gears aren't what I need? I mean, I don't need anything soon, when I'm in town it's rare that i hit freeway speeds, but I'd eventually like to get the speedometer closer to correct.
                  What you need is a converter box look for

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd126.htm

With this here fine gadget you can make the speedo read faster or slower till you have it dead on. You would use a gps unit to verify the correct speed , play with the box so it matches then check the speedo for accuracy at several different speeds and be happy

Comment

Daniel,

Those are the tires I ended up with after finally wearing out my Micky Thompsons. They have great traction and grip, but I have puntured the sidewalls a couple of times. Of course I was down to 10 lbs of air and in very rocky conditions. A couple of tire plugs and good to go. They saved me $250 for the set of 4 compared to the MT's.

By the way, it was nice meeting on the Miller trip

Mitch

Comment

I should look into the tire plugs. Any suggestions on what to pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        What you need is a converter box look for

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd126.htm

With this here fine gadget you can make the speedo read faster or slower till you have it dead on. You would use a gps unit to verify the correct speed , play with the box so it matches then check the speedo for accuracy at several different speeds and be happy
                        Thanks, I think I'll do that. If i were only off a few MPH I would just live with it, but at 60mph I'm off by 10mph! haha

Comment

Working...
                        X