Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome new lens !!!

Erik you are the man!

I had talked to Erik about my new camera that Tammy bought for my birthday recently. Erik said he had a telephoto lens for sale and after playing with the camera a bit and talking further with Tammy, she said I'll buy it for you! So I set it up to meet with Erik this morning on my way to Lakewood/Long Beach to see my family. On the way home after my visit I stopped at Wilderness Park in Downey right off the 605 Fwy to take a few pictures. This bad ass lens rocks! I still don't know any tricks with my camera and the difference in my photo's is awesome. Time to study!

Erik, thank you for an incredible "pro grade" addition to my camera equipment. Tammy, thank you sweetheart for the awesome gift and seeing my true passion for this.

Mitch

New Sigma EX 70-200mm F2.8 APO Lens (This was taken with the old camera)

Ducks and Geese

Looking good Mitch. #1, and 4 of the birds are a bit out of focus, but the rest are very sharp.
    You need to get into some of the manual settings to really appreciate the lens. Dila it back to 2.8, ISO 200 (in daylight) and crank up the speed. Fire off a few of those and let me know how it turns out.

You'll have a sharp object and everything else will be blurred.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I tried 2 more at a higher down load quality setting. Now looking for the best place to download the future pictures for the highest quality.

Comments are requested!

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 04-17-11, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Erik,

Just noticed the tab for AF / MF. I just tried focusing by hand today. I will be out tomorrow with the camera.

Mitch
        Last edited by Mitch; 04-17-11, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          I tried 2 more at a higher down load quality setting. Now looking for the best place to download the future pictures for the highest quality.

Comments are requested!
          Smugmug.com
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I love this lens. I just picked up one and it does an awesome job.

Comment

Working...
            X