Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a real camera!

Well I finally joined the ranks of the boys and girls with real cameras! Tammy did the major hook up for my birthday yesterday. I now have a Cannon EOS Rebel T21i.
    18 megapixel camera that also shoots Full HD 1080 Video. Extra battery, a polarizing filter, 2 8gb Extreme HD video cards, and a great carrying case. Now I have to read the fine print and learn how to use it. Any suggestions and or hints/tips will be appreciated. Turning 52 isn't a bad thing.

Mitch

Congrats the new camea Mitch. There is a ton of info out there. Here is a good place to start.
    http://www.digital-photography-schoo...-for-beginners
    Check out .

Comment

Wow Mitch,
      Congrats!
      You'll be using up that memory before ya know it.
      Have fun

Scott

Comment

NICE! Let me know if you run into a need for a 70-200mm f2.8 Sigma Lens for that camera.
        Great lens at a fair price.
        Pro grade shit-
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This is definitely going to be fun! Thanks for the link Chuck. Eric send me a PM with a $$$.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 03-17-11, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Learn what "Parameters" are, and how your camera boosts or flattens things like colors, sharpness, etc.... Then ditch all that and just shoot RAW.

Think about getting a good quality (~ $100) UDMA 6 memory card for recording video, like maybe 16GB or larger.

Learn to shoot with Aperture Priority mode to set your depth of field.

Learn how to clean your sensor, or learn to stick with one lens and never take it off :-)

Learn your post processing workflow. File backups, file import, file processing, website uploading service (Smugmug.com), etc...

That harbor shot is very nice, the worms are a bit flat. I can see that the JPG is robbing you a bit of dynamic range
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Nathan,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have a lot of reading and studying to do. Looking forward to the end result.

Comment

Working...
              X