Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Photobucket sucks

I uploaded a bunch of pictures, about 120, and after the upload they are gone from my computer. And because Photobucket kills the image quality even if I downloaded them back from Photobucket they wouldn't be originals. I put up with their crappy interface and their awkward uploader because they are free and easily accessible.

Is there are better FREE online image hosting site out there?
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Picasa. It's a google product. WONDERFUL stuff. Lots of free storage and other tools. All I use for online storage. AND you can set what quality to upload at, you can decide on your own.

Comment

SmugMug is the bomb. You can post BIG images, and they have an awesome compression algorithm that preserves the quality:

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I have uploaded over 4500 images to photobucket and never had that happen. Very strange. Lots of other options. Flikr is another that keeps the quality.
        Check out .

Comment

There's a hundred reasons Photobucket sucks. One of the major ones besides their compression is their heavy use of evil evil flash... Websites with flash where it's completely and utterly not needed are CRRRRRAP!
          [nana]/rant[/nana]
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I have uploaded over a thousand photos to photbucket. This is the first time it has happened to me. The sad thing is I always left the pictures on my camera till it filled up. But I just deleted everything on my camera because the 4GIG card was full. I looked at SmugMug and it looks very nice but I don’t want to pay for it. I am going to give Picasa a try because they have a nice OSX app that works thru iPhoto.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
              I looked at SmugMug and it looks very nice but I don’t want to pay for it.
              Interesting. Up until very recently they always offered a free version. Now they don't. I guess when you are the best, you don't need to give it away for nothing..

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Smugmug

Comment

Back-Up!

Sorry you lost those photos! That can be really furstrating. When it comes to anything digital, back-up, back-up, back-up. It is like 4 wheelin'. It is not if things are going to fail, it is when. I back up all my photos, videos and anything else of any importance on two additional hard drives and or CD or DVD. If something goes wrong, I can always recover the files. Hard drives with massive capacity are getting really cheap so the dollar investment is really pretty small and it does not take much time to back up the files. The peace of mind is worth the small investment!
                  Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

I have a 500Gig drive that backs up my entire system every night. But this all happend in about 20 minutes.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Amazon's S3 is cheap too. That's one of the places where all my important stuff goes for backup!
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        I am going to give Picasa a try because they have a nice OSX app that works thru iPhoto.
                        Fail. The Picasa app only works with intel Macs.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

SmugMug has a free app that works in iPhoto, and also the iPhone. In fact, Smug's web interface for iPhone is really fast. I use it a lot.

TreadLightly Trainer
                          HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Photos/vids and back ups

I have had some issues with photobucket myself relative to pic quality. I understand that for free it is not all bad same as others have said. I am looking for a better free site myself without the reduction of quality. Once its on there site you can not bring it back up to par.....Please let me know if anyone has good luck with a good free hosting site. Also,. on another note. For the most part I do have back ups of most stuff as I have learned years ago. Back up, Back up, Back up....MATT
                            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I use www.fotki.com . I have about 13,000 pictures loaded and no problems. I've been with them since 2003.

RallyeX

Comment

Working...
                              X