Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby

Finally stepping up to a higher level. Score a sweet deal on this plus it's splash and dust proof. Just what I need for the outdoors.

Check out .

Ummm.... Have you been to any weddings lately?

j/k. Nice camera!

Comment

nice.............

hey dude i need a good place to order the olympus tough for chloe

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218062424788
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
        hey dude i need a good place to order the olympus tough for chloe

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218062424788
        Sent you a PM.
        Check out .

Comment

Does it have a lot of settings? Like "flop" mode for those spectacular moments...

Hey I'm just wondering :confused:
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Make that baby PROUD now Chuck!!
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Does it have a lot of settings? Like "flop" mode for those spectacular moments...

Hey I'm just wondering :confused:
              I'm having that feature removed.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by ccain View Post
                Ummm.... Have you been to any weddings lately?

j/k. Nice camera!

Funny you say that. Lately I have gotten a few request to do weddings. I just don't see myself photographing weddings. But, who knows what the future holds.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  I'm having that feature removed.
                  HMMM coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Funny you say that. Lately I have gotten a few request to do weddings. I just don't see myself photographing weddings. But, who knows what the future holds.
                    id hire you if were getting married

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                      id hire you if were getting married
                      Your wedding I would do. Only because I know some how you would incorporate Jeeps in to it.
                      Check out .

Comment

Chuck, not to steal your new baby topic..I swear!! But I used to own a Cannon Rebel Camera and ran it over literally..needless to say that camera is history, I want to get back into taking pic,s what,s anyone,s opinion on any of those specials I see weekly in ads for Cannons/Olympus/Nikon/etc...that are goiny anywhere from 479.00 to 600.00 dollars I,d really like to stay under 500.00 because I,m gonna regear the jeep,s: and just get the extra, for the camera ya know down the line...Thanks all..Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                          Chuck, not to steal your new baby topic..I swear!! But I used to own a Cannon Rebel Camera and ran it over literally..needless to say that camera is history, I want to get back into taking pic,s what,s anyone,s opinion on any of those specials I see weekly in ads for Cannons/Olympus/Nikon/etc...that are goiny anywhere from 479.00 to 600.00 dollars I,d really like to stay under 500.00 because I,m gonna regear the jeep,s: and just get the extra, for the camera ya know down the line...Thanks all..Geeb
                          Geebo, Don't worry about stealing the thread. I don't sweat that.

I think first you need to ask yourself what type of pictures are you interested in taking. Canon, Nikon, Olympus all make great cameras for all types of photography.

One of the reasons I went with Olympus was because they are smaller and lighter which is great when your hiking, off roading, or traveling. I'm not one to fall for all the hype and buy something because of a name.

My E-510 is a great entry level camera loaded with features. One of which is the self-cleaning ultrasonic sensor, which all the new Olympus have. Great for shooting in dusty areas.

The E-3 has the same self-cleaning sensor plus it's splash and dust proof. I also like the LCD screen that can be turned 180 degrees and face in so it is protected from scratches.

Do some research and find whats best for you. Here are some sites you can research all brands.

http://www.dpreview.com/
                          http://www.photographyreview.com/
                          http://www.popphoto.com/Reviews/Cameras

Last, don't count out the point and shoots. I have a Canon P&S and it takes great pictures, can carry in my pocket, and the you can get the same Megapixels as the DSLR's. Don't be fooled by the Megapixels. Unless you are planning on developing poster size prints you'll be happy with 8-10 Megapixels.
                          Check out .

Comment

Check out the Canon G10. It's a professional grade point n shoot. I'll post a few photos and more on my camera thoughts later tonight or in the morn.
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Chuck I will check those threads out, and I,m really needing a camera as the one I had a point and shoot took a dump..Nathan looking forward to the pic,s that you have taken...

Comment

Working...
                              X