Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 inch body lift, opinions?

I,m thinking of getting a 1 inch body lift kit for my 97 wrangler. Was wondering has anyone installed one? If so how hard/easy was it? And any thoughts on which is a good one to buy? Thanks for any input..Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

I've put a couple of these in, they are really easy to install. I went with the poly kit from Quadratec the price is right, you can get red or black, the kit is complete, and the quality is great. I would not do what I see some do, and install the stock body mounts in top of the old to gain and extra lil bit, that is a crazy setup. Just loosen all the mounts, put a 2x4 on a jack longways and jack up one side a bit, take the mounts out, replace them and let it down, and then do the same to the otherside. dont tighten anything untill all the mounts have been replaced, and then torque them all down.

piece o' cake.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
      I would not do what I see some do, and install the stock body mounts in top of the old to gain and extra lil bit, that is a crazy setup.
      :omg: That's insane.

I put the 1" on mine and it is pretty easy. Jess pretty much explained the hole process. Which is good cause I don't think the kit comes with instruction (mine didn't). It's so easy you don't need them.
      Check out .

Comment

They came with my 4 1/2 in re la kit but i had them take it out b/c i didnt want it,but now i have been thinking of buying it back and installing one (1in) Do i need a 1in mml also or just the bl? My 33's rub hard at full flex with my 4 1/2 lift.

Comment

Gwjvw&dirtman13,,,Thanks you guys sounds simple enough I can do it Thanks Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
            Do i need a 1in mml also or just the bl?

No you do not. If you do add a MML at the same time you wont have to move your fan shroud. I chose to do the MML at the same time but the more I think about it now I kind of regret it. I am just not sure that moving the motor up one inch is worth the higher center of gravity.

Once the fires clear up, PM me if you want some help. If you drive down here to Mirimar we can throw it on the lift at the Auto Hobby shop on base. Took me about 30 minutes to put mine in when I did it. Lift > laying on the ground.

The hardest part is getting the front grill support snubbers in. It helps to put them in the freezer over night and lube them up well before put them in. PITA reguardless.
            Last edited by Gunnys TJ; 10-24-07, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I think alot of people that want the 1" lift will also want the new style air intake, and usually that needs the 1" lift, with the engine in the same spot. besides, doesnt that mess up your transfer case / tranny mounts?

Comment

Well I went to 4 wheel parts and bought the Day Star 1 inch kit picking it up tommorrow..Myself and a buddy are putting it in..I,ll let you know how it goes..Thanks Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
                  They came with my 4 1/2 in re la kit but i had them take it out b/c i didnt want it,but now i have been thinking of buying it back and installing one (1in) Do i need a 1in mml also or just the bl? My 33's rub hard at full flex with my 4 1/2 lift.
                  I thought with the 4.5 you'd clear the 33's with no problem . . . especially hearing how stiff the RE springs are compared to some others. For those of you with the 4.5 . . . is this common? I was planning on going with the same type of set up with 33's and am already worried about it fitting in the garage w/out the Body Lift.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

are you running MTR's? most manufacturers tires are about 1" less than the sidewall says, but not the MTR's, and that's why they are trouble sometimes, they are a true size tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      I thought with the 4.5 you'd clear the 33's with no problem . . . especially hearing how stiff the RE springs are compared to some others. For those of you with the 4.5 . . . is this common? I was planning on going with the same type of set up with 33's and am already worried about it fitting in the garage w/out the Body Lift.
                      I have the normal 16x7 door and mine fits fine! It will even clear if i put 35's on it with a 1 inch bl!Barely.
                      I wanted the 1 in bl just so it never rubbed,but its so rare i might not! Most people i have talked to in Big bear on the trails are running the 4in lift with 33's.Also you have to remember there is a guy that is running 33's with a 2in lift and seems to go anywhere he wants.With fender trimming.
                      Now if i ever want 35's i would do the 1in bl for sure!
                      To tell you the truth i think my tires rub on my stock fenders for the most part!
                      Last edited by Gwjvw; 10-25-07, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                        Well I went to 4 wheel parts and bought the Day Star 1 inch kit picking it up tommorrow..Myself and a buddy are putting it in..I,ll let you know how it goes..Thanks Geeb
                        Thats a really good bl kit,i have heard also they come with the fan shroud kit to so you dont have to do a mml right?

Comment

Yes they do...I,m about to start about 12:00 noon a little more PB blaster ,I,ll let ypu know how it looks ..maybe before and after pic,s..Later Geeb,,By the way the kit comes with all you mentioned, Gwjvw talk tou ya soon

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                            I,m thinking of getting a 1 inch body lift kit for my 97 wrangler. Was wondering has anyone installed one? If so how hard/easy was it? And any thoughts on which is a good one to buy? Thanks for any input..Geeb
                            The JKS kit is good as is the Daystar.

Be sure and keep you OEM parts and install the kit on TOP of it. It will give you a bit extra in height but that is not a problem. You need the OEM parts.

As for the MTRs being true to size, well not really but they are quite close.

The actual MTR and the new BFG sizes are here:

http://www.savagesun4x4.com/goodyear_mtr_specs.html

Let us know how your BL goes.
                            Don Scottsdale, AZ
                            savagesun4x4.com

Comment

Well got the lift done looks sweet I,m at about 3 1/2 inches now more than enough room for my 33,s.. Everything went smooth..But I,m glad it,s done..Steve/Sar Jeeper came by and lent me a hand...Thanks Geeb...Oh by the way I,ll post the before and after pic,s soon.....

Comment

Working...
                              X