Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33in tires with stock gears :-(

Well my 33's with stock 4:10's kinda suck.(auto)I went with 33's from 31's hoping not to regear but it didnt work.So.... might as well went 35's and regeared :-(

I had 3:07's with my 33's for about a year...now THAT sucked. I've got the 4:10's now, nad it's a vast improvement (I have the auto trans as well). Not sure that I'd want to gear too much lower as it's my daily driver. At 70 MPH, I'm at about 3,000 RPM's. Works for me! :thumbs_up
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I'm running that same set up and I have no problems. I do run in 3rd gear on the streets and put it in drive on the highway. It's like having overdrive.
      Check out .

Comment

Yea I had 33s on my jeep for about a week awhile back to get a fill with 3.07s and I was running about 3000 rpms at 75... with 31s and 3.07s im runnin 2800 at 80 all day long
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Im running 33,s on 3.55 gears and i,m fine around the city, but on the freeway I sometimes need to hit 4th gear on hills/inclines, by the way I have a manul and 4.0 it not bad I ,ll have to wait awhile to regear probably go with 4.56,s
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
            I had 3:07's with my 33's for about a year...now THAT sucked. I've got the 4:10's now, nad it's a vast improvement (I have the auto trans as well). Not sure that I'd want to gear too much lower as it's my daily driver. At 70 MPH, I'm at about 3,000 RPM's. Works for me! :thumbs_up
            I have the overdrive,if you dont thats a big difference,because my 99 didnt and it was just fine (3 sp auto). At 2000 rpms im doing 65mph on my new jeep

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
              I have the overdrive,if you dont thats a big difference,because my 99 didnt and it was just fine (3 sp auto). At 2000 rpms im doing 65mph on my new jeep
              Ya but with the bigger tires you're really going faster. Mine is fine with 33's and the stock 3:73's. At 55 mph on my speedo, I'm really going 70 mph on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                Ya but with the bigger tires you're really going faster. Mine is fine with 33's and the stock 3:73's. At 55 mph on my speedo, I'm really going 70 mph on the road.
                Does your OD kinda kick in way to early and it seems to bog you down?

If i guess right im thinking your speedo would be off more than mine b/c yours came with 29in tires?And my speedo was set for 31's. I dont know but it sounds good :-)

Comment

i'm waiting for someone to turn this thread into the

"cost in upgrades required to run 33's"

thread.
                  03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                    i'm waiting for someone to turn this thread into the

"cost in upgrades required to run 33's"

thread.
                    cost in upgrades??????????????????

Comment

do jeep people ever really count the cost?
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
                        Yeah, mine's the 3-speed auto...must be the difference there.
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

im running 34s with 3.55 man ual trans 4.0 92 yj not bad on the freeway but need more umph im going to 4.88sthen il problybe able to use my 5th gear again hahaha:smile: and whose countin cost lol
                          :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

33s with 3.07 going on 6 months here... I don't know if/when I'll ever get new axles... no time or $$$!!!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X