Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ rear leaf convertion

Has anybody done this convertion, I have seen the pics of Brad Kilby's TJ. I am kinda thinking about doing this. It does not look crazy hard, and it seems to work. I was thinking about useing YJ springs, but for hangers I am still up in the air. I have avalible a set of the Z-boxes for the front of the springs and some revolvers for the back. I am also on the fence about spring over or spring under?

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
    That's a BIG rock!

Why in the hell would you want to do that? Does your current set up not work?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

My current stuff works fine , but I am running Tera Long arms in the rear and i am getting tired of replacing the bushings. I have the rock krawler triangulated upper arms, same with the bushings and it seems to start trying to steer the jeep when the bushings start going. So I was thinking of just eliminating all that stuff and making it simple.
      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Each system has it's advantages and disadvantages. I would stick with the 4 link and coils and try to solve the bushings problem.

...this is from someone with SOA YJ
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Yeah, ditch the tera stuff. I know all your brackets are probably gone, but my short arms work really well. Wait, why dont you make some arms? wont be that expensive and it'll solve the bushing problem. Use some Fordged Johnny Joints on either end with some 2" .25 wall tube and you're good to go.
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
            Fordged
            That's a good one ;-)
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

dont go backwards, Sean.
              you'll want to punch yourself in the face if you put the damn leaves under your jeep.
              make the links work, and be done with it.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'm not big on pain, I will keep working on this. I have the tubing sitting at my buddies shop. Thanks for the input guys.
                That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Bachman View Post
                  I'm not big on pain, I will keep working on this. I have the tubing sitting at my buddies shop. Thanks for the input guys.
                  Excellent. Let me know if you need any help. Use JJ's on either end, it'll ride real nice, I promise. Make sure you get the 1 piece forged units, they're like $35 a piece.
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

TJ + coil overs = better ride

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
                    Why in the hell would you want to do that? Does your current set up not work?
                    no joke,..
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                    X