Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Express 4.5" Hardware

I just picked up an RE SF 4.5" lift kit this weekend (good deal) but the only problems are that it didn't come with hardware. What I got:
    • RE Disconnects (I might replace w/ JKS)
    • 4.5" Front Springs
    • 4.5" Rear Springs
    • 8 Control Arms
    • 2 Adjustable Track Bars (front/rear)

What I need to make it a 'complete' kit:
    • Bump Stop Spacers
    • Hardware
    • Extended Brake Lines

The questions:
    • Does anybody have a detailed list of the hardware needed, or know if a 'kit' for that is available? I'm talking bolts for the control arms, track bars, etc.
    • I also need Most places online I can find have bump stop spacers and extended brake lines, but I don't know what size/length I need. Is this something done better after lift/tires are on, and I can flex to see where the bump stops need to be?
    • Seems I'm in a "list" mood this morning!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Just call RE real quick and tell them you have the 4.5" kit, and ask them what brake lines it normally comes with it... (I think its 22") but im not 100%. And maybe see what they say about the hardware, if you get someone cool they might hook you up with some...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
      Just call RE real quick and tell them you have the 4.5" kit, and ask them what brake lines it normally comes with it... (I think its 22") but im not 100%. And maybe see what they say about the hardware, if you get someone cool they might hook you up with some...
      That's a really good idea... I'll call later today if I get a chance! Although I did answer two of my questions already! A simple look on their website shows me that it comes with 2" bump stops front/rear and 20" break line extensions, which I can get...

Parts List:
      RE1142 ~ GEN2 DISCONNECTS 4.5"-7.5" TJ,
      RE1155 ~ SWAY BAR END LINKS REAR TJ
      RE1355 ~ COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" FRONT/PA
      RE1360 ~ COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" REAR/PAI
      [COLOR="Red"]RE1380 ~ BUMPSTOPS 2" FRONT LOWER
      RE1385 ~ BUMPSTOPS 2" TJ REAR UPPER
      RE1553 ~ BRAKE LINE SET SS FRONT 20"
      [/COLOR]RE1600 ~ TRACK BAR, FRONT XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ
      RE1602 ~ TRACK BAR BRACKET TJ REAR W/CV
      RE3700 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED
      RE3780 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER FT ADJUS
      RE3783 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER REAR ADJ

Comment

I have done 3 RE tj kits and I dont remember any hardware. You pretty much use old hardware.

Matt, also save yourself a huge headach, as you pull a bolt out throw it back in after the part is remove,d with nuts and washers in place. Ask allen what its like trying to find nuts and bolts, he just throws them where ever....
        Last edited by jimmyrig; 05-07-07, 10:57 AM.
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

HAHA no i put them in a specific places and the rest of you guys move them! (Probably to mess with me)

but yeah make sure if you take the bolt out, put them back in place it will save you LOTS of time later.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
            I have done 3 RE tj kits and I dont remember any hardware. You pretty much use old hardware.

Matt, also save yourself a huge headach, as you pull a bolt out throw it back in after the part is remove,d with nuts and washers in place. Ask allen what its like trying to find nuts and bolts, he just throws them where ever....
            Good advice! Like when I did my first top-end rebuild and I put the push-rods in cardboard lined up like they went in the head. Good idea! I'll keep that in mind, and since it re-uses the existing hardware, I should have everything!!! I just placed an order for bump stops, extended brake lines and a steering stabilizer (see my DW thread) this morning!

Comment

NICE! Now your gonna have a real Jeep! lol

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                NICE! Now your gonna have a real Jeep! lol
                Nope... still need tires... no roller skate for me...

Comment

TrXus MTs $149 a piece from 4WP(for 33s)I love em.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                    I just picked up an RE SF 4.5" lift kit this weekend (good deal) but the only problems are that it didn't come with hardware. What I got:
                    • RE Disconnects (I might replace w/ JKS)
                    • 4.5" Front Springs
                    • 4.5" Rear Springs
                    • 8 Control Arms
                    • 2 Adjustable Track Bars (front/rear)

What I need to make it a 'complete' kit:
                    • Bump Stop Spacers
                    • Hardware
                    • Extended Brake Lines

The questions:
                    • Does anybody have a detailed list of the hardware needed, or know if a 'kit' for that is available? I'm talking bolts for the control arms, track bars, etc.
                    • I also need Most places online I can find have bump stop spacers and extended brake lines, but I don't know what size/length I need. Is this something done better after lift/tires are on, and I can flex to see where the bump stops need to be?
                    • Seems I'm in a "list" mood this morning!
                    you should have a lot more than springs,control arms and trac bar.
                    you also shoulda recieved a transfer case drop,rear trac bar mount,brake lines,trac bar hardware.
                    are you sure you bought the Superflex 4.5?
                    also what about shocks?
                    and dd you get a SYE and CV driveshaft?
                    Also you should talk to who ever you ordered the lift from and make them send it asap!

check this: its the RE 3.4 standard lift, not SUPERFLEX, but still comes with brakes lines and bracket and hardware. i wouldnt pay anything for stuff that shulda came with it

http://www.4x4xplor.com/RE-SuperFlex.html
                    Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 05-07-07, 04:52 PM.
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

$149 x 5 = too much for me right now! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        you should have a lot more than springs,control arms and trac bar.
                        you also shoulda recieved a transfer case drop,rear trac bar mount,brake lines,trac bar hardware.
                        are you sure you bought the Superflex 4.5?
                        also what about shocks?
                        and dd you get a SYE and CV driveshaft?
                        Also you should talk to who ever you ordered the lift from and make them send it asap!
                        I have the rear track bar mount... forgot to mention that. Also, the brake lines and hardware were advertised to me as missing from this guy's used kit. Sorry for the confusion! Oh, and shocks don't come with the kit (when you buy from a vendor) or when you buy it used! I ordered OME 4"+ shocks from northridge4x4 last friday which should be here wednesday according to UPS. Thanks for the notice!

Oh, and I've had an SYE/CV driveshaft sitting in my office for MONTHS just waiting for me to get a lift and need them! No transfer case drop for me!

Comment

YOU will love the OME shocks, they make tj ride like a crappy caddy!.....I would double check your set up as a steering stabilizer is a mask for another issue.
                          You should be able to run fine without one, and then adding it should just aid a fine tuned suspension.
                          My .02
                          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                          www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

ok cool didnt know you bought it used. looks like your good to go! so let me know when you want to hit up Bronco Peak and Sidewinder.
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                              YOU will love the OME shocks, they make tj ride like a crappy caddy!.....I would double check your set up as a steering stabilizer is a mask for another issue.
                              You should be able to run fine without one, and then adding it should just aid a fine tuned suspension.
                              My .02
                              Thats exactly what i was thinking... A stab is just a band aid...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X