what i need and what i need to do

Originally posted by biggjohn2k1 View Post
    i need some info on doing a SOA lift on my yj
    what i need and what i need to do
    Ask socalchef.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

do a search on the internet. you will find lots of info.. then if you have any questions after that.. ask away but i would recomend getting a weld on kit and not a bolt on kit.. also you will have to worry about steering issues spring wrap issues and lots of things that are not included in the "kits"
      therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I did one and got just about everything from M.O.R.E. already had 2.5 in OME springs used Dana 44 for the rear from cherokee and we fabed up our own Shackle Reversal mount for the front main eye and sleeved the frame for the shackle end. Been running it like this for 3 years with no problems.

Russ

Comment

RE sells a kit with damn near everything you need. The only other thing I would look into would be high steer.
          I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
          Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

There is a PLETHORA of information online about an SOA, not only that, but there are plenty of people on this forum, and other forums that could give you an easy breakdown. Just about every decent manufaturer of suspension components makes a kit for a SOA. So, you don't even have to really DIG for information, jsut a simple google search should prove very useful!
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

If you go SOA there are 2 things you will have to also do.
              1..you will have axle wrap,so a good antiwrap bar is a must.
              2..To have your steering right you will need to go with some type of high steer.
              There is an awsome write up over on Jeepaholics about a Bam-Bar,it's the most awsome antiwrap bar out there,completly gets rid of all axlewrap.
              Don.

Comment

Originally posted by ZestyCj7 View Post
                If you go SOA there are 2 things you will have to also do.
                1..you will have axle wrap,so a good antiwrap bar is a must.
                2..To have your steering right you will need to go with some type of high steer.
                There is an awsome write up over on Jeepaholics about a Bam-Bar,it's the most awsome antiwrap bar out there,completly gets rid of all axlewrap.
                Don.

But to do a Bam Bar, you'll have to relocate your fuel tank, if I remmber correctly. (I could be wrong)

A good third link is the ticket, and sometimes, you may need to re-do it, once or twice to get it right. There is a lot of force on a third link (anti-wrap bar) so make sure the mounts are strong.

Comment

Working...
                X