Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cj7 Springs vs YJ Springs?

I'm sorry I'm not a jeep expert nor do I own one. But I'm looking to do a YJ conversion on My samurai and I know someone with a set of CJ7 springs. How do the CJ7 springs differ from YJ springs? Thanks.

I don't know this from experience but I've been looking into a conversion for my CJ and from what I've read the YJ springs are a little softer than the CJ's so they ride better and give you better flex and I also think they are a little bit longer.

Comment

the front cj springs are narrower than yj springs.
      many cj owners switch to the yj springs for that reason
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Didn't they switch to a wider front spring in later years? I dunno the diff between a CJ and a CJ7 but I was told the CJ7 has 2.5" on both front and back

Comment

Screw em both ^.^ Get teraflex's Fiberflex...lightweight, super flexy...i'ma see if I can some. They were showcased in Peterson's magazine on a wrangler, and seem to be pretty stout. You may wanna check them out.
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
            Screw em both ^.^ Get teraflex's Fiberflex...lightweight, super flexy...i'ma see if I can some. They were showcased in Peterson's magazine on a wrangler, and seem to be pretty stout. You may wanna check them out.
            You must have missed the part where I said this was for my Samurai, and that I don't even own a Jeep...

Comment

As far as the fiberflex springs go, they would work on your sammy, but im still a bit skeptical of fiberglass leafsprings.

Its true though a lot of CJ owners switch to YJ springs, and some YJ owners switch to front Waggy springs to help stretch the wheelbase a little. They have slightly offset pins so they move the axles out front and rear.

If you want really good springs designed for exactly what you want Alcan Spring has a great reputation for making top of the line leaf springs.
              I have a Jeep

Comment

*volunteers to be a guinea pig* I'll try em...somebody just hook me up. I'm willing to put anything through their paces (Just as long as the rest of my POS can keep up with the springs >.<)
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc View Post
                  As far as the fiberflex springs go, they would work on your sammy, but im still a bit skeptical of fiberglass leafsprings.

Its true though a lot of CJ owners switch to YJ springs, and some YJ owners switch to front Waggy springs to help stretch the wheelbase a little. They have slightly offset pins so they move the axles out front and rear.

If you want really good springs designed for exactly what you want Alcan Spring has a great reputation for making top of the line leaf springs.
                  Thanks for the tip, do the waggy springs bolt straight up to a YJ? might be an interesting option for those sammy owners looking for a cheap WB stretch.

I am aware of Alcan Spring, some folks on the Xterra forums have used them. And although I've heard they are exceptional quality I've also heard they are expensive, but worth every penny I don't doubt that but I don't have a lot of cash to spend and I've heard stock YJ's work just fine, even if a bit worn out. Plus I've heard that there are lots on YJ owners that jut get rid of them cause they don't want them.

Comment

Originally posted by aperion View Post
                    Thanks for the tip, do the waggy springs bolt straight up to a YJ? might be an interesting option for those sammy owners looking for a cheap WB stretch.
                    Waggy springs are a few inches longer and the center pin is offset by about 3". Great option for extending wheelbase (time to break out the welder and add some new hangers) The only other thing is the spring rate, a waggy is a good chunk heavier than a YJ and that's reflected in the springs.

Andy
                    Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                    X