Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

about how much am i looking to throw down on having the dealership put my suspenssion on? I dont have the tools or a strong know how myself. Whats the common thought on this?

NO WAY! Dude drive down to my house and ill help you put your suspsnsion on. The dealer is gonna rape you in price. Any kit you buy only requires pretty basic hand tools, a can of PB blaster, and some brake fluid, a jack, and some jack stands. The kit will come with directions so if you know anyone that knows some what about working on cars, you can figure it out. I wouldnt pay someone to do my kit, me and CJBrian did mine in his garage and it works great. IMO Id do it myself with a buddy or two.
    -Allen
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Definately don't take it to a dealer. A 4x shop with a good reputation...maybe, but not a dealer. If you really don't have the desire to do it yourself (they aren't that difficult--but must be done correctly), plan on paying alot for labor---more than you pay for the lift kit itself. I recommend finding some friends who have the experience, bribe them with food (or offer to pick up the tab the next time you hit the pool hall or whatever...), and have them help you install it yourself.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

there are so many good 4x4 shops that will do you such a better price than a dealer
        plus they can probably advise you so much better than a dealer about what works and what doesn't
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Ask RubiGirl who she uses...

Shes somewhat new to the board, but shes up in your neck of the woods. Being that shes on her third Jeep, she can probably point you in the right direction.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

all I can say is I would not recomend extreme gear offroad...have not really had any great experiences with them but there are plenty of other shops up here to use.

Comment

depending on what lift you go for and im assuming your not even thinking about taking your rig to the dealer for a long arm lift. i doubt they'd even do a LA. anyways. a SA is a piece of cake!.. unless you live in an apartment community that shuns do-it-yourselfers i see NO reason not to do it yourself. say the dealer wants 1200.00 to do it for you and you feel thats fair since you dont have to tools.. DUDE go buy 300.00 in tools and save 900 bucks. get my point?!.. then you'll know how your rig works, you'll have tools and you'll have some self respect and its fun to..

if you lived closer, i'd do it for free as long as you helped.

only thing you'll need done afterwards is a proper wheel alignment. and that will occur regardless of who does it for you.

dont go to the stealer!
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

So whats happening? Are you going to take it to a shop or get some buddies to help you with it. Remember brokenujoint and I are here if your ojn your way down to SoCal... haha
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i took all of you advise and i found a friend of a friend that is going to help me put my lift on. I thank you all for saving me a chunk of cash, i would give you some for the advice but id rather spend it on more parts... ha

Comment

haha thats Ok next time Im in Nor Cal Ill be crashin at your place. ha

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X