Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Rods all Soaked

Ok, I went and bought in and out tie rods a few weeks back for my DD and put them in my trunk of the DD. In comes the delima. As you know the past 2 weeks its been raining here in Houston, and thats where my problem comes in. THe trunk leaks water in the top cause my grandfather backed into a fedex truck when he owned it, its not like it completley floods, it just gets a little damp in there. THe boxes the tie rods are in are wet, and my question is do i need to replace the tie rods or should they be good?

id still use them they get wet under the vehicle anyways, spray them with some rust destroyer of some sort, clean them up , spray them with wd40, grease them, use them, Kevin

Comment

Yeah throw them on and there should be a zirc fitting on them, just lube them up with a gun and your golden...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.wolf
        Ok, I went and bought in and out tie rods a few weeks back for my DD and put them in my trunk of the DD. In comes the delima. As you know the past 2 weeks its been raining here in Houston, and thats where my problem comes in. THe trunk leaks water in the top cause my grandfather backed into a fedex truck when he owned it, its not like it completley floods, it just gets a little damp in there. THe boxes the tie rods are in are wet, and my question is do i need to replace the tie rods or should they be good?
        If they won't handle being wet in the trunk, how do you think they will hold up under your rig when you drive in the rain?
        I am Savvy.

Comment

sweet, i haven't taken a suspension & steering class yet, so i dont know the construct of a tie rod,
          Thanks
          Mr.Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by mr.wolf
            sweet, i haven't taken a suspension & steering class yet, so i dont know the construct of a tie rod,
            Thanks
            Mr.Wolf
            You don't need a class, you just need some common sense and a tiny bit of analytical thinking.

If the entire undersides of vehicles survive days, months and years on end of being sprayed with water on roads when it rains, dousings from driving through puddles, and total immersion from river, stream and ditch crossings, it only stands to reason that a bit of wetness from a leaky trunk ain't gonna hurt a darn thing.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

well, i tend to over analyse sititations, thats why i asked this cause i don't know what materials go into making these. and if water can break them down quicker or not.

Comment

DOnt worry about it man, its all good, glad we could help.
                -Allen
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                X