Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• considering lift

i'm considering upgrading to 2" teraflex springs, but have no idea what shocks to get. i've heard good things about rancho, bilstein, and OME. truck is mainly for street use, but i dont really give a :poop: if it doesn't end up riding like a caddy. i'm sure anything will be better than the OEM stuff. any suggestions or recommendations? $$ are not an issue.

cheers,
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

well why your asking your questions im going to ask one too...can you just upgrade to 2" springs and get longer shocks and its the same as having a 2" lift?

I was going to go with the RE BB 2" which is the longer travel shocks n coil spacers
    Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper
      well why your asking your questions im going to ask one too...can you just upgrade to 2" springs and get longer shocks and its the same as having a 2" lift?
      that's what i'm doing, it not "the same as a 2" lift", it is a 2" lift.

i hate spacers so i'm going to buy new coils instead but it will give you basically the same thing.

Comment

Mike,
        Take that 60" hi-lift off of the rear bumper, and you'll gain two inches in lift, no problem!
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

KNC-
          a body lift doesn't do anything besides

A. Fit Bigger tires and,
          B. Raise your COG

Do it right the first time- get a suspension lift.
          And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Get bilstiens IMO thyre the best, Ive riden in a jeep with them and love them. I dont like my Procomp ES3000s but they were cheap and they work so its all good. How much are you looking to spend on a set?
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
              How much are you looking to spend on a set?
              money is not an issue. you're the third one to recommend bilsteins, i'm beginning to see a pattern here.

thanks, keep em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                Mike,
                Take that 60" hi-lift off of the rear bumper, and you'll gain two inches in lift, no problem!
                bob, also looking at alternative jack placements. getting sick of taking off the hi-lift every time i need to open the door! i'm also ordering a 48" shaft as what i originally purchased is nothing less than unnecessarily ridiculous. in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brice
                  KNC-

A. Fit Bigger tires and,
                  B. Raise your COG

Um k thanks...lol i didnt ask about a body lift though did i?? oh well, I was going to get the RE BB 2" lift for now because I can afford it though...im saving up for the 4.5" RE SF kit...but going to school and working and trying to stay outta debt so I cant just go buy it
                  Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                    bob, also looking at alternative jack placements. getting sick of taking off the hi-lift every time i need to open the door! i'm also ordering a 48" shaft as what i originally purchased is nothing less than unnecessarily ridiculous. in hindsight.
                    Cool. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a hard time!

By the way, your one of the FEW, if not the only Jeeper I've ever heard say "Money is not an issue"! Must be nice!!
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                      By the way, your one of the FEW, if not the only Jeeper I've ever heard say "Money is not an issue"! Must be nice!!
                      well..money IS an issue, which is why i'm going 2" instead of 4". this way all i need are coils and shocks and the work can be done in the garage.

so, realtively speaking, money is not an issue since i have chosen a modicifcation which is not globally expensive compared to what else i could be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                        well..money IS an issue, which is why i'm going 2" instead of 4". this way all i need are coils and shocks and the work can be done in the garage.

so, realtively speaking, money is not an issue since i have chosen a modicifcation which is not globally expensive compared to what else i could be doing.
                        I go with the 5150s thats originally what i was going to put on my jeep but i was straped for cash and got the procomps instead. i think they were like $480 for the set, so a ilttle up theyre but dual resivior.

http://www.bilstein.com/offroad.php
                        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

2 inch bb, 1 inch body, get those acos things and call it a day. less expensive than my 5.5 RE LA with bilstein 7100's by about 2500.00.
                          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by Brice
                            KNC-

A. Fit Bigger tires and,
                            B. Raise your COG

might I point out that a 1 inch body lift with a belly up kit is one of the best mods out there for a TJ. It gives up more to increase ground clearence than any other mod in it's price range.
                            I agree about having a suspension lift, but without a belly up kit he may be lowering the TC to get rid of vibes and then what has he gained?
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

belly up will require SYE which I do not have and is not something i can manage to install myself. not that i would mind learning something but i am seriously lacking the tools, garage space, and 2nd vehicle that this would require in addition to needing someone else's expert help for this. i'm seriously considering an OME lift which gives me 2-1/2" minus the 3/4" TC drop, which would top out around 1-3/4". not the best but better than stock, and it would give me new shocks and coils to boot.

I would need to install a 1" BL and 1" MML also in order to properly achieve a tucked tummy.

its a good idea though, and have already considered it. maybe down the road a bit...

Comment

Working...
                              X