Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shackle reverse steering binding?

I have had a 4 inch skyjacker lift in my cj7 for a year now with the corrisponding longer pitmen arm. Now i put in a shackle revearsal and my steering seems to have tight spot on either side of straight. Do I need to go back to the stock size.
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Long pitman or drop pitman?

do you see any rubbing? or binding or over flex of tie rod ends?
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

sorry, droped pitmen arm. And no no rubing and the steering seems to be running fairly parrellel. I beleive this is what the pitmen arm angle does, keep everything paralel so nothing will bind. could it be something in my steering box? I definetly don't know much about his subject so any could advice would be great. If a new steering box is in order what is recomended that won't break again?
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

What exactly is a Shackle Reverse?
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

Does it bind with the wheels off the ground and the engine not running?

Comment

It moves the shackle to the back of the front spring.
            Pro & Cons...
            http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/susp/elkcahs/

Comment

Thank You Davisrats for that wonderfully informative link. It helped a great deal.
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

I was just looking at a shackle reversal system and remember that the instructions said not to use a drop pitman arm. I was wondering why, so if you figure out the problem please post it here.
                I have a Jeep

Comment

i haven't tried with the wheels off the ground, but I will. What are looking for if doesn't do with the wheels in the air.

Comment

Working...
                  X