Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift lits...

Two years agp I put an Old Man Emu lift kit in my 1990 YJ. When I ordered it, I had the hardtop on my Jeep. When I installed it, I had removed the hardtop and will not be using it again. Interesting fact now: When you do that your Jeep is perpetually going downhill. I had to install 1" lift shackles on the front to level it out. Who'd uh thunk?
    Last edited by rick90yj; 06-01-03, 10:50 AM.
    4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
    COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
    hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

that is a problem you should be greatful for... most lift complaints are the springs sagging. but, on the other hand, i'm not too fond of the effects that the lift shackled give the steering.... you tell me
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Steering...

I haven't noticed any change in the steering. Must be my lucky day.
      4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
      COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
      hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Comment

Working...
      X