Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll control or line lock.

Has anyone used these on a jeep application? I have seen them from summit racing
    http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...s=false&N=+115

I think it would it be a worth while investment to have the ability to not have to brake clutch and gas at the same time on a steep incline. Anyone please let me know.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    [COLOR="Red"]Ronald Reagan [/COLOR]

I thought about installing one on my CJ but ended up installing a hand throttle on the shifter. The hand throttle is cheaper, easier to install, you can raise the idle with it for winching and I use mine as a cruise control.
    This site sells them.
    http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynami...p?folderid=785

I have also heard that it is not as easy to take off slow and smooth with the line locks or roll controls.

Comment

I have one on the front discs - it's my parking brake when I'm not shut off (leave it in gear then)

Probably the 4th or 5th rig I've set up this way, had line locks on either end - and both ends of my FJ-40
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I use either the hand throttle, or the parking brake when I need a "3rd leg". But honestly, the 4:1 gearset in the t'case pretty much eliminates the need (for me and the trails I run at least). The hand throttle comes in handy at other times too...kinda like cruise control when in 4-low.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by JeepcrewX5
          I think it would it be a worth while investment to have the ability to not have to brake clutch and gas at the same time on a steep incline. Anyone please let me know.
          Thats the fun part of driving a 5 speed Jeep haha I know it sucks sometimes...
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

A line lock is useful when parking on a very steep incline. So steep that the ebrake and trans may not hold. Trans = manual, not sure about auto.

A hand throttle is useful as a third leg or when using OBA, or winching.

For your particular concern a hand throttle is best.

I bought a hand thottle for $30+ I think, but when it came I realized I could have got the parts from a bike shop for half that.
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
            X