Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolver Shackles?

Has anyone used these on a YJ? Any problems with them on a daily driver? If anyone isnt familiar with these, here's a link

http://teraflx.com/pages/jeepbuilder...dID=60&subID=2

Someone here HELP.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    [COLOR="Red"]Ronald Reagan [/COLOR]

Although I drive a 1983 CJ5 and not a YJ I have been running Revolvers front and rear for a year now and I am VERY pleased with them.I have not had any problems with them "unloading" during braking or descending downhill.Most of the problems I have heard were from people that either A:Tried to build their own rather than buying them or B:"had a friend who new somebody with Revolvers(see A)" .I'm running Ford F250 front shock mounts and long travel rancho shocks.I can only speak from my own experience with the Tera-Flex revolvers and I can only say good things about them.
    "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

I ran revolvers for about a year when my Jeep was on 33's and a 2.5" lift. I drove it daily and wheeled moderate trails. I never experienced any negatives.

Like Kman said though, they are not a simple 'bolt-on'. In order to take advantage of them you will need to free up your suspension to handle long travel shocks (12" worked well for me).

I have also watched larger Jeeps on 35's attempting more dificult trails (Moab) and the revolvers did terrible. On the steep climbs the rear would completely open up (probably from spring wrap) and made for a very uncontrolled climb.

Heres a pic from '04 at Los Coyotes with Revolvers:
      Last edited by Matt Pascoe; 07-31-06, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, It's good to hear from someone that has experience with them, another question would come into mind, do the Z boxes NEED to be used in conjunction with the revolvers or are they fine alone?
        Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
        [COLOR="Red"]Ronald Reagan [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X