Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring over Axle - 94 YJ

Well, after noticing just how much my new 37x13.50's are rubbing, I think I've finally exhausted the SUA possibilities on my 94. I have (now) 6" Alcans, and need another good 2" of clearance. Ran with a guy this weekend at KOPL that's running Rubicon Express SOA springs (I think all they make is 1-1/2"), and he's an honest 2" higher than I am. Any other spring manufacturers I should be looking at?
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

I went old school. 4 stock YJ rear packs, and used an extra main leaf with the eyes cut off on the rear spirngs.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Soo. What is the plan?

Comment

let me know if you become interested in selling your current springs, and how much.
        pm me on it
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I was not so impressed with the RE SOA 1.5" extreme duty springs. They were very soft and quickly became S-shaped. I removed them and went with Alcan.

For a few extra $ the Alcans were well worth it. Especially as I could specify length, off-set, lift etc...

FWIW I was very impressed with the BTF spring perches.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
            let me know if you become interested in selling your current springs, and how much.
            pm me on it

And you let me know if you become interested in selling your old set up!
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

So far, my plan is to finally increase my bump stops front and rear, and see if it can buy me some time. Rear SOA is pretty easy, I've heard good things about using Waggy rear springs (or Rancho RS 44044's)

The front will be a bit trickier, as my existing high steer with the Scout knuckles is ruight where the front SOA springs need to be. I have another set of knuckles that will be real easy to go to true high steer arms on though.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

I sent my Chevy flat top to parts mike and had it machined and drilled. I got histeer arms for Chevy ball joints with Plus .5 to the height. Not quite finished, but it is looking good.

Comment

Added some 2"x5" tubing I had laying around (2" to the front, 5" to the rear"), put this off for a while.

Enjoyed the fireworks in Lakewood, glad to live in a civilized city!
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

added the tubing where?

Comment

To the top of the existing bumpstops (which were already too short - left over from my initial 3-1/2" lift, never raised them with my 6" lift)
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                      X