Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a lil help with shock install...problems

Ok, so I have a run this weekend and decided to et some new shocks and a steering skid finally. This was supposed to be a simple shock change and get ready for the trip.

3 of the top bolts for the rear shocks (1 on driverside, both on passenger side) snapped off in the little welded on nuts. I have managed to get two of the 3 out and just going to put bolts with nuts through. Things get even better, the new front shocks are about 1 - 1.5" shorty than my old shot ones..no biggy I can suffer a little travel. My rear shocks, sice they have been so much fun anyway, the shock tube hits my brake line and spring perch making it so I can't get them on.

Now that we all have a little run down of whats going on, here's my question...Can I install the rear shocks "upside down"? Put the tube/body at the top and the shaft at the axel mount? I know the correct thing is to get relocators, but my run is tomorrow, and I need shocks on now so theres no waiting for parts to come in.

Back to trying to get the last broken bolt out......
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Alrighty then, got my answer about upside down shocks..good to go there I hope. So does anyone have any suggestions for getting this last broken bolt out? Always something thats got to be a PITA.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

If you can weld a nut onto the end of the broken bolt. Let it cool, it should back out.

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
        Alrighty then, got my answer about upside down shocks..good to go there I hope. So does anyone have any suggestions for getting this last broken bolt out? Always something thats got to be a PITA.
        Give it a good squirt with liquid wrench and let it sit overnight. In the morning you will find it lying on the garage floor
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
        X