Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have a 03' Rubicon. It already has a 4" Pro Comp lift and im running on 33's. I want to upgrade my lift or i waswondering if i should just get a new one and what would be a great one with the flex and on a low budget.. I'm not a hardcore rock climber but i do go on the triple black diamonds. So if any one can help that would be great.

I'm not familiar with the Pro Comp lift. It sounds like you are just looking for more flex? If so, did your lift come with or do you have anti sway bar disconnects?

L1
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Paramedic
      ... a great one with the flex and on a low budget..
      Pick one or the other, you can't have both, unless you find someone giving away a used kit, or piece together used components that people are getting rid of.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

maybe teraflex shackles, and revolovers?... I've seen those give a quite a bit of flex, and theyre no where near as expensive as a new lift.

Comment

Originally posted by killwhytey07
          maybe teraflex shackles, and revolovers?... I've seen those give a quite a bit of flex, and theyre no where near as expensive as a new lift.
          Did your momma drop you on your head as a child?
          I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by killwhytey07
            Yes, they are much cheaper than a lift, but considering that he doesn't have leaf springs....
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

check our Rough Country 4" x-series lift we just put one on my dads 06 rubi unlimited. it flexes great and cost 899 plus shipping. Here is the link http://roughcountry.com/Jeep_TJ.htm
              :wink:

Comment

you know what i think im going to go with that 6" x series.

Comment

Wow....I thought you were on a low budget.....Remember, it's just not the price of the lift but the "X-TRAS". It looks like the kit comes with a t-case drop bracket. To me it seems that a t-case drop bracket defets the purpose of a lift. I mean, a lift allows for larger tires to achieve more ground clearance. The t-case drop bracket lowers your t-case and negates the benefit of the lift + tire upsizing, lowering you ground clearance.

If I was going to spend $1200 on a lift I don't think that Rough Country would be my lift of choice. You also may be able to keep your current lift and add to it to get more flex with out dropping mega coin.

Just a thought and an opinion. I could be wrong and usually am.

L1 :thumbs_up
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

I suppose I ought to read more carefully, before making a fool of myself haha... my bad.

Comment

look at the rubicon express 3.5 super flex kit which will measure a lil over 4". I bought my 4.5 sf kit that comes with a lil extras for 900 ish which saved me a few hundred

Comment

Working...
                      X