Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift first?

I have had my 04 rubicon for almost 2 years and I just now have the money to start making some mods. I want to put a set of tires 285/75R16 on but will there be any rubbing if i dont get the lift first?

Yes. It will take 3.5" of lift to clear 285/75R16 tires on the stock wheels. You will likely find that you also need to adjust your steering stops a touch to keep the tires off of the front brake lines when you have the wheel cranked and stuffed at the same time (found that out the hard way), and use a tire with a agressive shoulder lug (like the goodyear MT/R, Cooper Dicoverer SST, etc).
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by beachrubicon
      I have had my 04 rubicon for almost 2 years and I just now have the money to start making some mods. I want to put a set of tires 285/75R16 on but will there be any rubbing if i dont get the lift first?
      my dad has had that same size tire on his 06 rubi unlimited for the past 6 weeks waiting for his lift to come. The tires will fit BUT you CANNOT go wheeling with them you will rub on the fenders.
      :wink:

Comment

Working...
      X