Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift And Tires

just wondering wut is a good lift size and tire size to keep my 88' street worthy and still go muddin once in a while....i was thinking a 3 inch lift with 35" tires.....id just like 2 know if this is as good idea or if any1 knows a better combonation...i will probably be driving it more than having fun....please give me some suggestions....

thanks

How much money do you want to spend?

larger tires more bucks.

I'm running 35"s with 4.56 gears total lift of appox 5".
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

If I were to run 35's I would put in a bigger lift...you could always go 1-2" body and 3" susp. but then you have to go slip yoke and new DS because of the susp. lift. Another route would be to nearly hollow your rear wheel well tub fenders and then tubs up front with the 3" susp. and 35"s....depends on what kinda trails your gunna run though. Your not gunna have a lot of movement with 35"s and a 3" lift. My .02
      A7X
      -Kodiak Wintergreen
      -1997 SE Raingler
      -31" BFG AT's
      -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
      -Custom Exhaust
      -750 watt Sub and Amp

Comment

yj or tj?
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          yj or tj?
          say's it's an '88...
          -Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

is it possible to go with 35's and a 4-inch lift?......i dont want to go to high on the lift and i will be driving street mostly..maybe just trail ride every other weekend or sumthing like that.....im not to hot on alot of money spending......but if i cant go with the 35's and 4-inch...would it be alright to run 32's and a 3-inch?...

Comment

a 4 inch and 33's are a good option for what you are looking for. I have a 5.5 inch and 35's and it handles just fine for daily driving.

Comment

i was recently looking through prices and it lookes like the highest i can go is a 3-inch lift......so what is a good tire size?....i am thinking about 30 to 33 inches...what is best?

Comment

How much do you have cuz if you go 3" in just suspension ur gunna have to go SYE and CV DS....and that is very expensive..if you want three inches go 2" Susp. and 1" body to save money and headachesalso it depends on ur tire size not....if ur running 30's with no rubbing and some good movement go with 33's if any smaller go 32's.....My .02
                  A7X
                  -Kodiak Wintergreen
                  -1997 SE Raingler
                  -31" BFG AT's
                  -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
                  -Custom Exhaust
                  -750 watt Sub and Amp

Comment

i have an 89. i went with a 3.5" for about $500 and went with 31s. i did not need to do SYE or run a CV DS. if you do a transfer case dropkit, you should be fine. i had no rubbing with the tires i ran, i probably could have ran 33s but i would have had some rubbing. to me body lifts suck. they make shifting harder by moving the shifters down further than you need. go with full suspension lift. just choose which one you get wisley and you can save money. if you go with 3" then you could run 31s pretty easily.
                    black diamond has a 3.5" lift for about $580, Superlift has one for about $530.
                    therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Working...
                    X