Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE BB and 33" Tires

Will it work? The lift and wheels will be mostly for looks (for now) so no real worries about serious off-roading. Is this a doable thing, and if not what is a good reccomendation for a lift that will accomodate 33's? I would even consider 32's instead of 33's.

Thanks for any input!

By the way, I have been lurking around here for a bit, but finally decided to register! This site is awesome.

31" is the max. tire size you can put on the stock wrangler without any mods. I don't have a lift but myself but would recommend that if you want 33" tires you can use a 2" lift or you may be able to get away with a body lift. A few manufacturers make a "budget boost" suspension lift that simply places a spacer atop the coil springs at both ends of the truck, and would work fine if you're trying to save some $$.

if you attempt off-roading...be careful. the stock rear axle in the wrangler sucks and usually isn't recommended for tires over 33". search the forums here for "broken D35 axle" and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers and good luck.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I run 1" springs, 1" spacers and 33's. I'm not even sure the "lift" has a brand. I get minor rubbing, only on the tougher trails.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the input, and I am prob gonna go Rubicon Express Budget Boost 2" for now. Of course one day I may go for a "real" lift and actually take it out and get it dirty.

Comment

Working...
        X