Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring over lift

i am getting ready to do a spring over on my 89 YJ. i will also be swapping out my axles for Dana 44s out of a 90 wagoneer.(i already have these) i was thinking about doing the Rubicon express builders kit. does anyone have this kind or what kind do you have and how do you like it. also what else are you running (tire size, shocks, springs, etc.) any info would be greatly apprecaited
    therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Originally posted by jeeper89
    i am getting ready to do a spring over on my 89 YJ. i will also be swapping out my axles for Dana 44s out of a 90 wagoneer.(i already have these) i was thinking about doing the Rubicon express builders kit. does anyone have this kind or what kind do you have and how do you like it. also what else are you running (tire size, shocks, springs, etc.) any info would be greatly apprecaited
    I went SOA on my '92 YJ with the RE 1.5" extreme duty reverse eye springies. Also 31" Fox emulsions on 35s.

Initially, I liked the set-up. Very smooth ride good road manners etc. *But* when it came to big climbs I got lots of axle wrap - the rear axle jumped all over the place.

I then installed a Skyjacker 5th link ladder bar, this improved axle wrap somewhat. I'm not very impressed with the 5th link - I tore the mounting bracket off the axle and mashed the cross member. Next time I will build my own.

However, when I am on 4.5 rated, crazy a$$ climbs I still get axle wrap.

So I am in the process of making some more mods
    Last edited by aston; 03-19-06, 07:52 PM.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I sprung over my CJ5, and had endless issues with it
      axle wrap, steering set up etc
      I fianally went back and just bought a spring under lift
      I also tried reverse shacles and went back to regular
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
      X