Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift install order? Tools needed?

I should be getting the rest of lift parts in very soon & am starting to wonder about install order - any suggestions would be great for this first-timer:

'03 TJ, Auto tranny

OME 2.5" springs/shocks, bumpstops, rear t-bar reloc bracket
    Teraflex quick discos
    JKS front adj t-bar
    JKS motor mount spacer lift (1")
    Teraflex body lift (1")

My initial thinking is to do BL/MML first - I don't know why, just seems like the extra inch of space would help with elbow room somehow but maybe not.

Other order of things that would seem logical are 1)bumpstop extensions before springs, 2) springs before shocks, 3) springs/shocks before rear t-bar reloc & front adj t-bar install. Any best time for disco install - maybe while springs are out?

Also will be installing tranny cooler (stack plate kind in front of radiator) - I'd say best to do it after BL/MML?

Spring compressors - I've seen where people have & haven't needed them - any opinion?

Floor jack & jack stands - I'll be investing in these. What floor jack height will I need? I've seen 14" & 21" at local auto supply store.

thanks for any suggestions.
    '03 TJ Sahara, A/T
    D44 rear @ 3.73
    2.5" OME HD springs/shocks
    fr. adj t-bar
    1.25" wheel spacers
    1" BL/MML
    Quick disco's

As far as the floor jack and stands, get the tallest and most stable you can get. You'll want to support the Jeep by the frame at some point plus getting it up that high.
    Looks like you have most of the parts. Did you consider driveline vibes, you may want to look into a rear driveshaft too. Since you have a D44 in the rear your stock shaft is already short, I had to go the driveshaft route when I did my lift, 3.5" springs w/D44 rear. I have a t-case drop kit I never used if you want to try that if you get the vibes. Take your time.

B&T TJ

Comment

Yeah just see my reply to your exact same post on JU
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
      X