Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tie rod ends

Does anyone know where a good place to get new tie rod ends? I was looking at my jeep and mine are pretty much shot. I would like to
    replace them before they break.

you can get them most anywhere. i have bought them from quadratec as well as kragan auto parts. moog is a quality part if you can get it in the size you want.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

How about heavy duty stering kit? Do you know of a manufacter that makes a heavy duty steering kit for YJ's. I would rather upgrade than replace the parts with the same thing.

Comment

the yj ha a decent tie rod, but the drag link is pretty easily bent.
        to upgrade the whole steering system is a bit expensive, and unless you are wheeling very difficult trails, it may not be necessary.
        what type of trails do you like to run?/
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I will wheel anything once. I like to push the limit. I haven't done the hammers in Johnson Valley yet but would like to. I don't have truck or trailer so I need my jeep to get home at the end of the day. I just want to be able to do the hammers and still be able to drive home without doing trail repairs.

Comment

Locked94YJ
            For four years I have run the Full Traction K-Link steering on my 1989 YJ. Five inches of lift running 35 MTR’s and like this set up. Heavy duty parts, no bump steer, no stabilizer shock, so far…no problems. Note I have also upgraded my steering box and pump too, It’s worth a look.

P.S. Tie rod ends are everywhere. Napa, Kragen, Auto zone. And cheep enough to carry a spare.

Comment

As Nailer said the tie rod is fairly strong: it's a solid forging, kinda' like a 4' rod end. In my experience the weak link is the adjusting sleeve.

The drag link is a piece of :poop: tube, a chromoly replacement is a good idea.
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
              X