X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5” w/ 32’s or 3-3.5 w/ 33s?

’03 TJ stock w/ A/T, D30/44

down to a couple options (I think) on lifting my DD:

I’m wanting to lift for every-other,third w/end day run on Difficulty 3’s, would like to equip for hopefully even the occasional D4 outing.

I'm thinking about either 2.5 susp lift w/ 32’s or 3-3.5” SL w/ 33’s. I interpret from what I’ve read so far that the 3+33 is more susceptible to needing the SYE/CV DS.

One question, is this interpretation anywhere near accurate & 2) if so, I guess I’m wondering is the extra inch benefit(s) worth the risk?

What pros/cons would 2.5SL + 1BL/MML have vs. just 3.5SL (both with 33”s). Again thinking about the driveline angles, etc.

I figure on new rims w/ 3.75/4.0 BS, maybe. But it seems like such a waste to sit on these stock canyon rims (15x8’s) – would spacers be a good idea or not (instead of new rims w/ more BS)? I’d probably lean away from spacers if you thought durability/safety w. them is compromised too much. I guess 32’s would work better with spacers than would 33’s??

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences you can share are appreciated.
    '03 TJ Sahara, A/T
    D44 rear @ 3.73
    2.5" OME HD springs/shocks
    fr. adj t-bar
    1.25" wheel spacers
    1" BL/MML
    Quick disco's

Originally posted by jkilday4
    ’03 TJ stock w/ A/T, D30/44

down to a couple options (I think) on lifting my DD:

I’m wanting to lift for every-other,third w/end day run on Difficulty 3’s, would like to equip for hopefully even the occasional D4 outing.

I'm thinking about either 2.5 susp lift w/ 32’s or 3-3.5” SL w/ 33’s. I interpret from what I’ve read so far that the 3+33 is more susceptible to needing the SYE/CV DS.

One question, is this interpretation anywhere near accurate & 2) if so, I guess I’m wondering is the extra inch benefit(s) worth the risk?

What pros/cons would 2.5SL + 1BL/MML have vs. just 3.5SL (both with 33”s). Again thinking about the driveline angles, etc.

I figure on new rims w/ 3.75/4.0 BS, maybe. But it seems like such a waste to sit on these stock canyon rims (15x8’s) – would spacers be a good idea or not (instead of new rims w/ more BS)? I’d probably lean away from spacers if you thought durability/safety w. them is compromised too much. I guess 32’s would work better with spacers than would 33’s??

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences you can share are appreciated.
    If it were me and I wanted 3-3.5 inches. I would piece together a lift with some quality parts. Get some 2-2.5 inch coils and a 1 inch BL/MML. Add some nice control arms and shocks. You'll *probably* be able to get away with no SYE. Spend a little more and buy new rims, dont spend the money twice. Get 33's. If I had some coin left over, I would get a raised flat skid.

Good luck
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Every inch counts on the harder trails. If you piece a kit together, do yourself a favor and use QUALITY parts as Dukes mentioned. Don't cut corners on the arms....better and cheaper to do it right the first time, rather than the second.

If you are patient, watch the sales, and "for sale" section. I have less than $2000 into my lift and tires (RE 4.5" superflex w/3.5" springs, added a rear adj. track bar, Tom Woods CV driveshaft and 285/75R16 MT/R's). It took me about 3 months to get all the parts I wanted in the budget I had....but it sure beats paying MSRP on all the parts.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I have to go with the 2 to 3.5 inch with bodylift
        once you get into the 3 inch territroy you are going to need to either lower that Tcase skid and lose clearence, or go through the expense of a SYE nad all the extras that brings, however with the SYE you can also Belly up
        Anyway a good 2.5 setup with a 1 inch bodylift and those 33s are going sit real well, The only thing not mentioned so far isif you are going ti regear, you wil need to budget around 6 bills for that if you get someone else to do it, (recomended) so that you get that factory pep back into your step
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
        X