Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rancho rock crawler lift?

anyone out there with the rock crawler lift on a 05 tj unlimited?

if so how do ya like it?

thanks for the info.
    justin.

I run Rancho shocks, love them
    I know the jeep RC lift can come with 2 different spring rates, one way soft for DD porposes
    and I am wary of those arms
    however I do not know of to many people with Rancho lifts on jeeps
    infact, I have never seen one in person
    However, If you search, there was once a thread about them here
    Last edited by blackZZR; 12-17-05, 04:08 PM.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Jeepgal used to have a rancho lift on her jeep. Maybe she still does???? Either way, she was having some problems with the bushings, and even more with customer service. I'm sure she would give you the details if you ask....
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

The Rancho lift does not have Johnny joints, or basically joints that help in the flex. We have the Rubicon Express 3.5 inch Super flex lift and it has bushings that flex.
        So, I would not buy one of the Rancho lift kits. I think that some of their more expensive lifts have the joints that flex better then the straight bushings in most of the Rancho kits.

Navy-Jeepster
        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

thanks for the info the jeep is my wifes daily driver so i wanted to keep it under a 3" lift so she and my kid can still get in and out with out to mutch work. the rancho rc seams like it had alot of artickultion (can't spell) and would still be a good ride on the road.

thanks again for the replys.

justin

Comment

Hey Justin-

I have the 2 /12 inch standard kit, not the rockcrawler. I dont know how the rockcrawler performs. The bushings in the control arms didnt last long at all. These are the fixed gold control arms. When Rancho was contacted to replace the bushings under warranty, they said it was a maintenance issue. I purchased another set ($80). They were falling out in peices after the first trip. I talked to them again, and they said it was a faulty batch (!) They promised to send me a few sets, and a steering stabilizer for my trouble, and I never received it...even after multiple phone calls with them assuring me it was being sent. Whatever. I wont purchase from Rancho any more.

I still have the coils and shocks. I have an RE going in as soon as I get a new driveshaft.

Hope that helps.

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Rancho would be a great lift if you love using your Jeep on the STREET otherwise use a kit with Johnny Joints.......Save yourself alot of Time, Money and Headaches........B.J.

Comment

well thanks to all for the info but it has already been ordered my wife told my father inlaw what she wanted for xmas and he ordered it so we will see how the new bushings hold up. hope to see some of you guys/gals playing in the dirt some time soon.
                might be out in gorman some time in the begining of jan.

justin

Comment

Working...
                X