Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackbar bracket

I just discovered that my rear trackbar bracket cracked right where the bolt holes are. I was wondering what that clunking sound back there was. My question- how bad is it to drive this way? Offroad?
    I have a Jeep

Its not supposed to be cracked. Fix it before it gets worse.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc
      I just discovered that my rear trackbar bracket cracked right where the bolt holes are. I was wondering what that clunking sound back there was. My question- how bad is it to drive this way? Offroad?
      My F and R trackbars and sway bar have not been on the Jeep for a couple of years. For me it's not a prob on or off road (duh). I just drive it like a lifted Jeep not a Porsche.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Oh wait, you have a YJ. Take that garbage off!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Oh wait, you have a YJ. Take that garbage off!
          You had me worried there for a minute, I thought you were losing it

Comment

I have swaybar disconects in front, I like the handling on the road. How will it affect me to remove the rear tb? wont that put more stress on the springs and shakles when cornering, sidehills etc...
            I have a Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc
              I have swaybar disconects in front, I like the handling on the road. How will it affect me to remove the rear tb? wont that put more stress on the springs and shakles when cornering, sidehills etc...
              Yes. The track bar resists the axial load that tries to tear the springs apart and push the axle out of the wheel well.

If you enjoy generating maximum lateral G when cornering your Jeep you will probably notice the loss of a rear trackbar.

In my experience the (anti) swaybar has a big impact on street driveability but the trackbars have little.

Try it and let us know what you learn.

Comment

OK, tomorrow I will "Take that garbage off!" :beer: :thumbs_up
                I have a Jeep

Comment

What a difference! the rear axle travels a lot better, a bit more uptravel and way more droop. The back flexes better than the front.
                  I have a Jeep

Comment

No rear YJ track bar, no negative results. Front has Tereflex greasable quick disconnects and JKS telescoping track bar for on road stability and easy off road transition.

Comment

I took the rear track bar a while back, just got around to taking off the front one, I didn't notice any difference around town at all. I think that the sway bar is the only thing that makes a real difference.
                      I have a Jeep

Comment

I have to keep reminding myself you have a YJ, I keep wanting to reply and then go, opps
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

i dont run trac bars in front or in the rear. i do run a sway bar but i have sway bar disconnects. it is my daily driver, but i do drive it like it is a jeep, not a sports car. if you take it easy there is no reason you would need them.
                          therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

i have had my trac bars removed for a while. i always liked the feel of the sway bar connected in the front for on road driving. i have since done some other mods, which have required removing the sway bar. i didnt like the loose feel on the road. more mods happened, and i wound up with a steering ram in the front. it is night and day in many respects. the front springs no longer shift side to side, and it feels like it has the sway bar on there on the road, while having optimum flexability off road. add the better steering characteristics to the mix, and it is one of my favorite mods.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                            X