Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangeratlarge
    like the way the site is set up and people seem nice enough.....

So if I stepped out of line I DID NOT MEAN TO!!!

~Steve
    I doubt you will find a truly nicer group of people than you will here except for maybe Dukes69

We all step in it, so do not worry BUT what you will find here is people generally tend to not repeat answers. If someone answers a question and it is viewed as the "correct" answer, most wont bother replying at the point. This is not like some of the other forums (I am NOT just talking about Jeep forums) where everyone feels it is necessary to response to a question that has been answered just to up their post count.

Stick around, read and learn. We are not the most active posting group here but the knowledge given is some of the best I have found.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

So if I stepped out of line I DID NOT MEAN TO!!!
      We'll give you a break - just this once :gun: :beer:
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Yeah, dont mind Chris (Dukes), he was probably constipated

Welcome to the board

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yeah, you would be better off if you just waited and did the mods you are wanting to do. I've been down this road, and am now on my third lift. That means i wasted almost 1k bucks before I got the set-up I wanted....I could have used that for skids, which I am still working on or gears, or winch, or well something besides 2 lifts that i didn't even get half my money back when selling them. Just my .02
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Welcome!

You can go far with just armor and good trail buddies.

As was suggested above, put rocker protection and a gas tank skid plate at the top of your list and learn to wheel it. The banging and scraping you'll hear is the armor doing its job. Go out with capable folks and they will help you learn to do amazing things with your otherwise stock jeep. You'll also be able to pick their brains for what worked for them as well.

Meanwhile, you're hopefully saving up for the full kit, instead of regretting doing things over and over again.

Cheers, and thanks for your service!
            Greg

Comment

maybe a little late, but I will bite
              If you want the most bang for your buck, get some armor
              I am not a big fan of Budget lifts, they are exactly that, budget
              armor and I inch of body lift and those 32s will fit
              after all a stock jeep can run 31s
              now about drive line vibes, you usually do not have to wory about them untill you get over 2 inches of suspension lift, however some jeeps have some at 2 inches, we really are running short wheelbases here
              now about 32s, I think they look more stylish than 33s because they fit on 16 inch rims, so they look bigger. But like Chriss said, really no reason for them, go with 33s
              now for a word of advice, once you start going up in tire size you are going notice a drop in performance, you are changing your final drive ratio by uping the tires, so to get that factory fresh pep you need to regear, and regearing is around 600 clams installed for both axles.
              so my suggestion for you, after reading your origonal post a few times is
              get some bottom armor, get some rockers, get some agressive offroad tires same size as stock. and save up 3 or 4 thou, then get a nice lift with the bells and whistles, big gears, big tires, and a Locker.
              Remember, its a JEEP and that means just empty every pocket
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Trying to observe before opening my pie hole~Steve
                This doesn't work for me.

I like jumping in with both feet.
                Most of the time my feet are the only thing sticking out of the mud though!:dunno:
                [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

like the way the site is set up and people seem nice enough.....

I am new to SoCal and like that there seems to be a large socal group in this forum....

[~Steve
                  I am in riverside, if ya want to look at a few mods and ask questions PM me and come on by
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X