Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which spring?

Ok I have a 90 wrangler with full with axles with a SOA set up. I've been useing stock springs. but I already bent and broke one and bent anouther. I have some Rodeo and wrangler mix now just for temp. But I was looking for some replacement one. RE has some extreem duty ones for SOA. and the spring wrap goes over top to bottom. most of the the other springs wrap is from the bottom over the top. Does it make a difference the way the spring ends are wrapped for SOA?
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

I don't think the wrap matters. I would look for the thinnest leaf you can find. IIRC Chevy rear springs from the ~80's to 90's(?) are thin leaves and almost the correct length for the rear. I'm not sure what you could use for the front as far as junkyard stuff. Of course, this would be a junkyard setup so who knows what shape the springs are in until you get them on. I don't have spring over, so I'm just speaking from experience on leaf thickness - I've had Superlift and Rancho springs and they were thick and sucked and now I have RE springs and they're thinner and they rock. I can't believe that a spring with as much arch as the RE 4.5" has can be flattened out and come back without bending. These springs have been through 4 days in Moab, up Pumpkin Eater a couple times, and over several trails in Big Bear and they don't seem to be settling much at all (in spite of my great desire for them to do so)... I think it all comes down to leaf thickness. Collect your springs, pull out the tape measure, and pick the ones that have the thinnest leaves. I would guess that RE has this figured out, so I don't think you could go wrong with them.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Thanks Rick, When I get back from Iraq in a few months I'll order a pair. the only trouble I had was with the rear set up, I've even been thinking about going to coils but I been happy with leaf springs and the set up is simple!
      75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Working...
      X