Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Kit Mods/ Warrenty????

I recently purchased an '03 wrangler "x" with 31's and i want to put either a suspension lift or a body lift and some bigger tires, but i don't want to void my warrenty?? Can anybody help me???? Thanks

no, I cant help. I would suggest you ask the dealer what will void your warrenty. Its a crap shoot
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Any modification you do will obviously void the warranty on the modified parts. It may also void the warranty on other parts that may fail due to your modifications.

So if you lift and put bigger tires on, the dealer will have a legit case on not warranty-ing your shocks or steering parts as they are directly affected by your mods.

However, they can't refuse warranty work on the radio for example as a result of this Some dealers will be better than others though. But that's pretty much what the law says.
      03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
      "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I had some warranty work done on my rig after I lifted it and put the tires on and they did not give me any greif. Part of the work was on the rear end and I really thought they would decline it due to the mods but that was not the case. I also broke my cat. and they replaced it with no problem.
        2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

Working...
        X