Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyjacker suspension

Does anyone have any comments on the Skyjacker 6" lift kits? I am purchasing a kit but I need to know if getting the coilover kit is better than the standard shock and coil set up. Any comments?

Rock

I can honestly tell you that I dont know anyone running skyjacker stuff. Thats not to say its not good, but it must mean something.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That is something to seriously consider. I have seen a few out there but I see more RE kits than any other brand I have considered. The only advantage I have with the Skyjacker is the price because of a friend, but I want to make sure I get a kit that works. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I have a friend running the skycrapper parts on his waggy. He is continuously breaking suspension components (track bar mounts, etc). Also, the long lower arms coupled with the short uppers creates a ton of bind....he has to remove one of the uppers every time we hit the rocks ifhe wants any suspension travel.....
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I been posting in other forums aswell I was looking into this.
          Skyjacker double flex 4 inch.
          Part # TJCR40RRK-DX
          Rubicons rule Hummers drool, Suzukis are cool too.

Comment

I have never seen Skyjacker on the trails, seen a few rigs all shined up running the streets with skyjacker. on trail I mainly see Tera, RE, Full Traction , and stuff like that
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
              I have never seen Skyjacker on the trails, seen a few rigs all shined up running the streets with skyjacker. on trail I mainly see Tera, RE, Full Traction , and stuff like that
              Yup, I haven't either...I have been posting on other forums aswell, I haven't heard anything about Skyjacker systems. It seems the only place you see em is parking lots.
              Rubicons rule Hummers drool, Suzukis are cool too.

Comment

if I was looking today, I would be looking hard at the new Nth system, or RE or FT for long arm and Tera for short Arm, but thats my opinion.
                I also like the Rancho shocks.
                I always kinda considered the skyjacker to be a mall crawling lift
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

thanks for all of the opinions. I am going to give them a try. I will let you know how their kit stands up. I looked at the RE and couldn't see much difference in components and design other than color. As for quality we shall see.

Comment

i run a standard 4in flex on the trails out here in the north east, i was in paragon this past weekend, and the kit still surprises me and to its flexing ability. i kept up fine with my buddies that are running 6in RE's/. i have no problems with it, and for the price, i dont think you can beat it. my two cents anyway. pics from the weekend are up with the link below.
                    Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                    5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Front coilover kit for (what i'm guessing) a very reasonable price.... I'm interested to see how this setup performs.
                      Bryan
                      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Yes, front coilovers on this kit. I should be up and running by this weekend trip with my club. I will keep you posted on performance of this lift kit.

Comment

If anyone is interested I finally got my lift put on. I have been out once and I am impressed with the kit so far. I can't figure out how to add pics so if you want to see it send me a message.

Comment

Working...
                          X