Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new idea about leafs

i was laying in bed and it hit me!! (dont laugh)my 86 cj7 has 2.5" lift springs and i want to do a soa wich means i need new springs but i thought while i was at it i should go to the wider springs but i dont want to buy one of those expensive kits.the next big problem is that i cant find a junk yard in montana with a wrangler because they go so fast but.... we do have plenty of cherokees and in short my question is... are wrangler and cherokee springs the same? interchangeable? any help is greatly appreciated or if anyone has any yj stock springs they want to get rid of ill pay shipping and some...
    thanx
    Jim
    ../l ,[____],
    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

XJ stuff is longer then YJ. Typically people put them on the back of a YJ for a 6" wheel base stretch
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

okay thank you
      ../l ,[____],
      l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
      ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
        XJ stuff is longer then YJ. Typically people put them on the back of a YJ for a 6" wheel base stretch
        In addition to what RatherBeJeeping said,

XJ springs center pin is offset. One side of the spring is longer. This is good and bad. The longer spring means more flex, but means that you have to move the spring mounts.

It would be similar to purchasing Long Leafs from Holbrook Specialties. http://www.holbrookspecialties.com/longleaf.htm

You could make the XJ springs work. I have seen it done on an early CJ-5.

HTH

Comment

Working...
        X