Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake lines

ok i snapped a brake line because the ones that pro comp gave me weren't long enough (18") to flex so does anyone know where i can find some cheap lines maybe a 22" for a cj7
    thanx
    jim
    ../l ,[____],
    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Go to Napa. Ask for front brake lines for a 1990 1/2 ton Chevy pickup. I think those are 20" long, but measure before buying. They are almost straight bolt in - the fittings are the same, but the clip deals that hold the line to the frame will need a little massaging. These are what I ran until I got SS lines. How much lift are you running? I can't imagine what you are trying to do with 22" brake lines. My SS lines are 20" long and I haven't even come close to stetching them with 4.5" springs. The Chevy lines are the longest ones I could find in Napa's catalog with the same fittings. If you need longer ones than that, go to http://www.inlinetube.com/ and custom order some. They are about the same price as what I paid for Superlift braided lines for mine, and you can get whatever length you want. Don't forget to tie them back with zip ties or a spring to keep the tire from eating them.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Sully Cjs have ROUND head lights......

/l ,[____],
      l---L--?lllllll? 86 cj7 2.5" lift
      ()_) ()_)----)_)
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      /l ,[____],
      l---L---OlllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
      ()_) ()_)----)_)
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

lol thanx devisrats and rick ... i have that 2.5 inch lift and was going to soa it for about 7 orso inches but decided that would be a lil much so i got the stock springs from the previous owner and amon my way to napa! thanx again
        Jim
        ../l ,[____],
        l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
        ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

Working...
        X