Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped transfer case ?

Ok i got my 00 tj lifted, and i noticed that my stick was shorter and it was alot harder to put it in the 2nd , 4th and reverse what can i do to fix it and what did they do ?

Originally posted by SodyClack
    Ok i got my 00 tj lifted, and i noticed that my stick was shorter and it was alot harder to put it in the 2nd , 4th and reverse what can i do to fix it and what did they do ?

thats why you do things yourself. hahah, j/k. what kind of lift did u get. a body lift wont lift your trany/t-case, therefor the sticks would be shorter. a suspension lift usually only consists of a one inch transfer case drop (which i actually did today on my jeep) and that is to get rid of bad U-joint angles to get rid of vibrations. So this would also make them shorter. is it harder to get into gear because it feels like its hitting something? go back and have them cut the hole a little bigger that the sticks go through is my only thought. you will be able to see spacers inbetween your t-case supporter and frame if they did a t-case drop.
    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

yeah now it wont even stay or go into 2nd gear it grinds and pops out there getting an ear full on tuesday !

Comment

Have a look at your other post here.....
        Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
        X