Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Lines

my dad and i took our jeep out last weekend and when we were flexing one our front lines snapped. the guy who had the jeep before us put a procomp 2.5 leaf lift on with the new brake lines.but i was wondering if it was my fault for not unclipping them or i dunno what you do or if they just were'nt long enough any info is great.thanx
    Jim
    ../l ,[____],
    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Originally posted by sully72
    my dad and i took our jeep out last weekend and when we were flexing one our front lines snapped. the guy who had the jeep before us put a procomp 2.5 leaf lift on with the new brake lines.but i was wondering if it was my fault for not unclipping them or i dunno what you do or if they just were'nt long enough any info is great.thanx
    Jim

i just got a 2.5" RE lift. in the process of installing it. they sent me the wrong extended brake lines. i told them i need them TOMOROW. but they dont know what tomorrow means and they said they're coming tuesday. i told them im going to pismo this weekend and i need them. They said i should be fine since its only a 2.5" lift. When i put on the leafs, the lines didn't have any slack on them when the leafs were fully extended, but there was some stress on them. so i think a 20yr old brake line would snap when out 4x4ing and there is some stress on them. I dont plan on taking off the sway bars, so im hoping i will have no problems in the dunes. wish me luck, haha. you should get some extended brake lines though, easy to put on, hardest part is bleeding the brakes (not hard, just sucks)
    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

thanx for the info i'll order some lines have fun on the dunes!!
      Jim
      ../l ,[____],
      l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
      ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

Working...
      X