Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel help. rubbing

So I put 31x10.5 Sport King A/T's on the YJ, along with a 2" body lift. Looks real good, but when I turn my wheels all the way they rub but just barely. Gimme a few thousand miles and they might not depending on the tire wear. But I still wana fix the problem. At first I looked into wheel spacers but I dont know how smart or safe they are... so has anyone had any experience with them?

Or........ what offset wheels would take care of this? Or is there any Jeep wheel that has a different offset than my YJ steel ones? Preferably nothing ugly....
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

This is for TJs not sure if it applies to YJs:

Easiest way I can think of to fix this is to put a washer under each wheel stop on the knuckles. I believe the stock rim bs is close to 5 so anything under that would work.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Where is it rubbing? The right way to fix it would be new wheels with less backspacing.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I run 1 1/4 wheel adaptors {not spacers} without any rubbing issues. oh wait, there's not much left to rub on
        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

I had this on my YJ with the factory rims and 31s for about 6 years. I dealt with it and just didn't turn the wheel lock to lock.

However, I think you can adjust the bumpstops to alleviate. You really aren't going to hurt anything since it is just the inside tread barely rubbing on the springs.
          '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
          www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

Take a look at Procomp Xtreeme beadlock rims. I have those, and they give me enough backspace that I don't rub when I turn. Plus i am running 31 x 12.5" tires. It is on an XJ, but i think they will work for you. They look great too.

Comment

Working...
            X