Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Fart
    I might have to contact Dakota Digital to get see if they can interface the NP-205 to the YJ speedo/electronics.
    I don't see why they wouldn't have something that works. The box that I have is programable so you can get the speedo to read correct.
    What did the 205 come out of? Ford? If so I bet you would use the same cable as me.

Comment

That would eliminate one of the remaining hurdles in getting the T176/Klune/(Ford)NP205 in.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

wonder if you'd be able to program that spedo to display tenth's or even hundreths of a mph
        Bryan
        2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
        front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
        Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

All this is is an interface to the stock speedo/electronics.

Why, oh why would you want to know 10th's or 100ths of your speed. Eyeballs belong on the trail, not in the office

Don't even get me started on people with laptops in their trail rigs............
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

A laptop hooked to the computer would be SWEET!
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Maybe if you had a passenger using it to monitor whatever you think you'll glean from the connection - NOT the driver.

I've winched more than one rig from the bottom of the ravine because the driver was watching his moving topo/airphoto map/GPS *&^! instead of the trail - no thanks.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

The key is to *stop moving* before playing with your laptop. They come in very handy when out exploring areas that have many trails that cross each other. But, just like driving down the freeway, you shouldn't be watching anything except the road ahead.....
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I agree.

And if you actually _do_ stop moving before looking at the laptop (or the moving map on the GPS, those are actually worse), I'll be happy to pop over to AZ and buy you a beer, and shake your hand - because you'll be the _first_ person I've ever met who does
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                  X