Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift soon... just need some input.

Iam getting a 4 inch lift for graduation in 20 something days. Iam wondering whats a great lift you guys are satisfyed with. Iam also deciding between The BFG Mud Terrians or MT Baja Claws, If anyone has any input on any products that would be great. Pictures are also great!

Originally posted by SodyClack
    Iam getting a 4 inch lift for graduation in 20 something days. Iam wondering whats a great lift you guys are satisfyed with. Iam also deciding between The BFG Mud Terrians or MT Baja Claws, If anyone has any input on any products that would be great. Pictures are also great!
    You didn't mention what jeep you have? As for the tires, The BFG's seem better on the rocks and the Mickey T's better in the mud, but only slightly. the BFG's have far better road manner's. Personally I like my Pro-comp Xterrains.
    Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

O sorry , I have a 2000 TJ.

Comment

Heres a lil pic of it right now. Lift coming soon iam excited

Comment

O sorry , I have a 2000 TJ.
          Have a look at Rubicon Express, there stuff beats the snot out of everything else out there. If I was rebuilding my YJ i'd probably use their stuff, and when it came to putting adjustable control arms on my wifes Cherokee, i put on RE adjustables, and we're yet to have an issue after 3 years! :2:
          Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

One MAJOR thing to consider is what tire size you want to wind up with. You didn't indicate your transmission type or current gearing - but it's real easy to fall into the trap of not considering what the extra tire diameter is going to do to performance, and longevity of other parts. After 30 some odd years at this, I like to start by looking at "where I want to go", then go through tire size, then plan lift, axle upgrades, gear choice, locker choice, complete driveline swap possibilities....etc
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

The tire size iam going up to is going to be either 33x10:50 or 33x12:50, iam not to sure what power upgrades iam going to need to do 2 compenstate for the bigger tires. Do u have ne reccomnedations ?

Comment

Need to be thinking _gearing_ upgrades. What transmission and engine do you have?
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

iam running the 4.0 Inline 6, with 5 speed manual.

Comment

iam not to sure what power upgrades iam going to need to do 2 compenstate for the bigger tires.
                    Like Old fart says, you need to think about gearing, the amount of power upgrades to compensate for the bigger tires is in the supercharger/motor swap realm, not saying that you won't be able to drive without doing any mods, it'll just feel slightly to very underpowered depending on how you drive.

I drove my YJ with 35"s for a couple of months until I could afford regearing the axles, and let me tell you I went nowhere fast!

Comment

I agree with everything above.

now to be on topic. I have RE stuff and enjoy it alot.
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Which ever kit you go with you may want to have a look at Bilstein shocks like the 5100 and 5150 series, I played in a Jeepspeed Cherokee today that had 5100's on it and it felt extremely well controlled at anywhere from 5 - 75 mph! And once I put my shock hoops on I think I'm going to have to try the 5150's with the built in resevoir!

Comment

Working...
                        X