Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been working on the rear Fox install for a while and I finally have pics

OK here's the first, this is a hoop from all-pro off-road, cut and trimmed to fit on top of the frame. This will allow a 32" Fox to fit woo hoo. You can also see the cut out in the tub.

Here's the view from the inside. I cut the side and bottom of the tub. Before you ask :yay: the Ranchos are just for an alignment check.

Then I made a shok box to cover up the big hole, neat eh?

Finally, lower tabs from blue torch fabworks (good stuff btw). Before you ask the welds are not complete yet.

oops how did that get in there

Aston Out
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

looks nice!
      you have been busy
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

looks nice!
        you have been busy
        the funny thing her butt looks a lot my GF's not sure why i had to say but just liked to share!

hey aston that box to cover the panel di you make that? also do you have a rear seat if so, did you fab some brackets up?
        Carlos

92 YJ
        GO VEGAN!
        volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Originally posted by aston
          Bloody hell, you stuck them right through the floor!

I was thinking of mounting a hoop to the frame rail then cutting the side of the tub (6x12") and a bit of the floor (6x3") and squeezing a shock in there.

Chris L.
          i still love this comment.
          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
            the funny thing her butt looks a lot my GF's not sure why i had to say but just liked to share!

hey aston that box to cover the panel di you make that? also do you have a rear seat if so, did you fab some brackets up?
            i am still able to use my seat with the way i got mine in there.
            the seat had to be redone a bit, but it works, and looks nice.
            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
              Yeah, I made it...but first I made a sheet metal brake out of steel angle

The rear seat is long gone.

Comment

FOX Shox install YJ

OK Jeepwads, the pics are here :yay:

Flex it

Front install

Rear install

A big thanks to Mike who did all the tricky bits

Comment

I have an issue with Fox. I'm not saying they're bad, they obviously work for you, but in my experiences I've seen Fox used mostly on sand rails, bikes, and poser pre-runners. The shocks that Fox makes just seem more like a sand shock for light vehicles, since I believe that is their specialty. I also think Fox is a little overpriced.

Aside from my problems with Fox, I was looking at a set for my Jeep the other day I am still not convinced the Bilstein 7100 shocks (w/ resevoirs) wouldn't be better than the Fox shocks. Finding the right shock is so tricky

Nice builds though. I like that hoop in the back (I'm stealing it).

Comment

Originally posted by JungleLarry
                    I have an issue with Fox. I'm not saying they're bad, they obviously work for you, but in my experiences I've seen Fox used mostly on sand rails, bikes, and poser pre-runners. The shocks that Fox makes just seem more like a sand shock for light vehicles, since I believe that is their specialty. I also think Fox is a little overpriced.

Aside from my problems with Fox, I was looking at a set for my Jeep the other day I am still not convinced the Bilstein 7100 shocks (w/ resevoirs) wouldn't be better than the Fox shocks. Finding the right shock is so tricky

Nice builds though. I like that hoop in the back (I'm stealing it).
                    You almost make sense until you compare a rebuildable shock like the Fox to the nearly universal emulsions like the Rancho 9000.

Fox's specialty is building rebuildable re-valveable shocks. It's not their fault that rockcrawlers and most jeep owners are about 20 years behind the desert racers and sand buggys technology wise.
                    I am Savvy.

Comment

The 7100 is user rebuildable and revalvable :x

Comment

Working...
                      X