Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fart
    replied
    Paul, they make them for the YJ - have them on mine for a few years. Necessary modification on the YJ - most of the factory spring hanger welds look like they were done by my Dachshund!

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    I'll check it out. thanx

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    If they don't have YJ specific part numbers, I believe that the bolt spacing on CJ hangers is the same as YJs. So you should be able to use a CJ rear hanger for all four corners (CJ rear springs are 2 1/2", same as YJ). I just measured my rear hangers and they are 2 1/2" wide with bolt spacing of about 1 3/8" - 1 1/2" (it was hard to measure because of all the other junk I have going on back there). If that's what yours measure, then I'd say you could get two sets of rear CJ hangers and be in business.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Originally posted by rick
    Slickrock makes a good shackle. Check the holes and see if the threads are all good. On my CJ I had to drill a couple of the holes larger and tap them for bigger bolts. That was a PITA. If I'd had a welder at the time, they would be welded on there today. I think I broke several drill bits that day.
    Actually I was looking at slickrock but could find them for CJ's. They got YJ ones? I'll do some searching.

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Slickrock makes a good shackle hanger. Check the holes and see if the threads are all good. On my CJ I had to drill a couple of the holes larger and tap them for bigger bolts. That was a PITA. If I'd had a welder at the time, they would be welded on there today. I think I broke several drill bits that day.
    Last edited by rick; 09-06-04, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Weld.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    started a topic Busted spring hanger

Busted spring hanger

Went to Big Bear this weekend, got kinda gnarly, slamed the jeep around, then I started hearing this new squeaking. Turns out I busted my passenger side front spring hanger. Shuold I get bolt on or weld on replacements?
Working...
X